Your Experience With Watching at Home VS Being There

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Attending games back in the day, The Stu was sort of a holy place- when/where we could get away from everyone and everything, and enjoy some hoops in solace (LOL). But these days, it's like everyone and everything knows right when to find us "available".
Am I the only one who finds that one out of every 5-6 games, RIGHT at gametime, everything explodes around the house and I am forced to miss games (thank God for DVR)? (Que the newfound avalanche of texts with "What channel is it on?")
Last night in addition to a few other things which all wanna happen at the same time, right in time for game time which we're lucky to have, these days, LOL- my lady's dad pops by unannounced (which we despise), making a hoot and holler about basically nothing as usual ("Is Kathleen home?"..."Yeah, Joe, it's game time so she's plastered to the TV right now.", and I get, "well can you ask her to come out here away from the TV set so I can ask her a few things??")

When I first joined this forum way back when, we were still in transition between being home watchers and you-can't-keep-me-out-of-there's. I used to come home from games and later watch them on tv which does give a different perspective to a lot of stuff. But my first hand experience for a long time was for all home games, and some away games, in person and live (thankfully, which I miss). Our gameday experience these days is markedly different. All in all I gotta admit, it does have certain advantages. But some really irk me to no end.

While watching at home is the only safe choice for us these days, we have gone on to notice certain things about watching at home:
Drinks are tastier.
You do get to see more angles.
I get explanations of ref moves, many of which I still disagree with but am probably admittedly less hostile about (LOL I used to blow a gasket at least 6 times per game)
I REALLY miss my peeps, gold rush, screaming and it being heard, seeing/hearing the things you don't hear on TV, cheer and peppas, and did I say Gold Rush?

Rant over. I didn't know where else to post this, but I cannot WAIT to get back to The Stu for in person game: bring back my safe space!

Attending games back in the day, The Stu was sort of a holy place- when/where we could get away from everyone and everything, and enjoy some hoops in solace (LOL). But these days, it's like everyone and everything knows right when to find us "available".
Am I the only one who finds that one out of every 5-6 games, RIGHT at gametime, everything explodes around the house and I am forced to miss games (thank God for DVR)? (Que the newfound avalanche of texts with "What channel is it on?")
Last night in addition to a few other things which all wanna happen at the same time, right in time for game time which we're lucky to have, these days, LOL- my lady's dad pops by unannounced (which we despise), making a hoot and holler about basically nothing as usual ("Is Kathleen home?"..."Yeah, Joe, it's game time so she's plastered to the TV right now.", and I get, "well can you ask her to come out here away from the TV set so I can ask her a few things??")

When I first joined this forum way back when, we were still in transition between being home watchers and you-can't-keep-me-out-of-there's. I used to come home from games and later watch them on tv which does give a different perspective to a lot of stuff. But my first hand experience for a long time was for all home games, and some away games, in person and live (thankfully, which I miss). Our gameday experience these days is markedly different. All in all I gotta admit, it does have certain advantages. But some really irk me to no end.

While watching at home is the only safe choice for us these days, we have gone on to notice certain things about watching at home:
Drinks are tastier.
You do get to see more angles.
I get explanations of ref moves, many of which I still disagree with but am probably admittedly less hostile about (LOL I used to blow a gasket at least 6 times per game)
I REALLY miss my peeps, gold rush, screaming and it being heard, seeing/hearing the things you don't hear on TV, cheer and peppas, and did I say Gold Rush?

Rant over. I didn't know where else to post this, but I cannot WAIT to get back to The Stu for in person game: bring back my safe space!
I miss seeing games with friends and meeting acquaintances again after many years. That and the occasional multi hour pregame at The Village. Especially on a snow day.

I don’t consider these games in the fullest sense of the word. My description would be more along the lines of very good scrimmages that count as games. Without the home crowd the game is more ‘clinical’ and lacks the social and very human touch that only the crowd can provide. I am nonetheless very thankful for the crumbs which have been allowed to fall down to me from the master’s table.

We try our best gameday to make the ritual authentic here.
Yesterday and two other times this year, it's just kinda like
5276642.jpg

I am more nervous watching at home than I am at the Stu. Last night, I stopped watching at the under 12 TO in 2nd half when we had a slim lead. I recorded the game. Kept myself occupied for the next 45 mins until I am sure the game was over. I then looked at the final score on my phone, breathed a huge sigh of relief, went back and finished watching the game with a normal heart rate and blood pressure.

Please tell me I am not the only one that does this......LOL

I am more nervous watching at home than I am at the Stu. Last night, I stopped watching at the under 12 TO in 2nd half when we had a slim lead. I recorded the game. Kept myself occupied for the next 45 mins until I am sure the game was over. I then looked at the final score on my phone, breathed a huge sigh of relief, went back and finished watching the game with a normal heart rate and blood pressure.

Please tell me I am not the only one that does this......LOL
Please let your son and nephew know, I say "who?!" at least 3 times during games, in his honor and Chewmaji is Dayton's center (Chewbacca from Jumanji- kidding player is very talented, just in the spirit here).

Back