Zeb Jackson is STILL a RAM

Yo... thanks to Ed Nixon for pointing out Zeb's rise in his latest post.

So diving into that, just gotta point out Zeb has posted a 100+ offensive rating in eight out of our last night games (Duquesne being his only bad game). Six of those were above 120 which is LEGIT. One thing that sticks out to me from that stretch is that during all that playing time, he took a combined seven threes. He had 19 3-point attempts over his first five games, so that's clearly a change of direction AND...I remember hearing him in an interview mention that, basically getting away from the three and attacking more. So far it seems to be working.

Zeb's assist to turnover rate has been nice during that span and he sits at 8th in the A-10 in assist rate, which ain't bad for a backup point guard who's really a combo guard. He's got a nice 58.3% true shooting percentage in conference play via just attacking the basket, but not forcing it (57.1% inside the arc). He's basically doing what Nick is doing, but also running point. Dude has figured it out, isn't fighting the game and because of that, he is thriving and the team is as well.
Not a numbers thing, but I really liked his post game comments after the UMass game. He gave me confidence that he his a leader and that he is bought in with the team. That's what we need in any PG along with the positive numbers you mention.

FnfPlq5acAEL1Q7

Not a numbers thing, but I really liked his post game comments after the UMass game. He gave me confidence that he his a leader and that he is bought in with the team. That's what we need in any PG along with the positive numbers you mention.
I agree. I dont like metrics, I prefer the eye test. I didnt need Ed Nixon to point it out to me, the eye test demonstrated that Jackson is getting more comfortable in the offense and defense.

He is also cutting and has been rewarded with a couple of impressive dunks, man this young man is a high riser. Tobi, Jackson, and Kern can all flat out get up off the floor.

Back to Jackson, his shot selection is improving as is his confidence level. He is gaining traction and should answer who is the back up at pg question.

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything about the idea that they may try to retroactively declare Zeb's sophomore year a medical redshirt, so I guess it's too late for that. The good news, though, is that he theoretically has two more years after this one if he chooses to use his COVID year. Given how little he played in Michigan, he seems like the kind of player who would be well served to use that extra year. Hopefully he uses it at VCU.

I haven't heard anything about the idea that they may try to retroactively declare Zeb's sophomore year a medical redshirt, so I guess it's too late for that. The good news, though, is that he theoretically has two more years after this one if he chooses to use his COVID year. Given how little he played in Michigan, he seems like the kind of player who would be well served to use that extra year. Hopefully he uses it at VCU.
You can apply for those a couple years later. But I don’t see him staying at VCU for 3 more years.

You can apply for those a couple years later. But I don’t see him staying at VCU for 3 more years.
Sadly you're probably right about that. If he plays well enough this year and next, he'll probably jump to a P6 school for his COVID year.

Back