2024-2025 Roster

I agree with targeting a big but also I think it is easy to discount the work that our players do in the off-season. Very excited for Fermin he is not perfect but made a huge leap from his first year. You can see where he needs to improve but that makes me more excited. Hope he is back
Sorry but fermin is a bum starter in this league. If he is our starting 5 again next year I'll be quite disappointed. Practically nothing on the offensive end, guard level rebounding at the 5. The occasional block is the only thing that even makes him rosterable as a backup 5.

Sorry but fermin is a bum starter in this league. If he is our starting 5 again next year I'll be quite disappointed. Practically nothing on the offensive end, guard level rebounding at the 5. The occasional block is the only thing that even makes him rosterable as a backup 5.

Bigs take forever to develop… there is definitely room for improvement but you cannot tell me that you don’t see the potential there. Maybe another 5 is the answer and I wonder how different things would be with Efton Reid but I wouldn’t count him out on making a leap especially since we’ve already seen it.

I was one of the people who during the recruiting process thought Fermin's competition level in high school was equivalent to middle schoolers in most serious basketball markets. Didn't think he would adjust to this competition but was willing to trust the staff.

He is a nice kid, and I wish him all success in his future, but he really needs to be playing for like a St. Francis or Morgan State type school. He could do fine there.

my guess is Zeb and Max will posture uncertainity to encourage VCU to offer them a nice bag for their NIL before we hear a clear decision for either IMHO
With Max being international, there are a lot of questions about whether he’s legally allowed to accept NIL money. Zeb is a different story, and is probably the most marketable player on our roster.

With Max being international, there are a lot of questions about whether he’s legally allowed to accept NIL money. Zeb is a different story, and is probably the most marketable player on our roster.
From what I've gathered, he can receive some amount of NIL money, but there are extra hoops that one must jump through first.

There were a lot of players who entered the transfer portal last year, give up a college scholarship and a few additional incentives, who ended up not be picked up by another university. I like the Shaka Smart recruiting direction of not going after players in the transfer portal. I do know for most schools to have the possibility of having a good team you have to recruit from the portal. I'm hoping that many more players who enter the portal this year will not be picked up by another university, and them and their families have deep regrets about their decision.

Odom had to put together a team AND staff on short notice last year. I would bet his target list of players was totally different the minute he got to RVA too.

Has a full offseason, hopefully a full NIL coffer (seriously, even a wink emoji would ease my mind on this one LMAO), and full knowledge of what to expect in the a10 now.

I am fully bought in on the idea of Odom crushing it this off season.
I am too! I've questioned a few rotation moves by RO and the staff (i.e., I think Bam should start and I don't get why Fermin starts), but I think you'd have to be a fool if you didn't think the staff knows that they need to have an improved roster prior next season. In all honestly, I think RO and the staff squeezed about as much as they could from this team.

Back