2024-25 Roster Thread

Here we go again. Same format as last year. Hopefully with a little less action the first week. Not making any assumptions about who may be returning until they have either indicated that they are coming back or the portal closes on May 1st. I will edit this post daily if things are changing to keep the most recent info at the top. With that being said let's have a great off season and put together a roster that can win the A10!

2023-24 Roster

Fr. Michael Belle
RS Fr. Fats Billups
RS Fr. Obinnaya Okafor
So. Tobi Lawal
So. Christian Fermin
So. Jason Nelson
Jr. Roosevelt Wheeler
Sr. Max Shulga
Sr. Zeb Jackson
Sr. Connor Odom-Walk On
Sr. Joe Bamisile
Sr. Kuany Kuany
Sr. Sean Bairstow

Out Of Eligibility

Sr. Kuany Kuany
Sr. Sean Bairstow

Recruits Signed

Brandon Jennings

Portal Out

Jason Nelson
Roosevelt Wheeler
Tobi Lawal - VPI
Max Shulga

Portal In

Jack Clark - From Clemson

2024-25 Roster

Fr. Brandon Jennings - Signed 11/10/23
5th Yr. Sr. Joe Bamisile - Indicated He Is Returning
5th Yr. Sr. Zeb Jackson - Indicated He Is Returning
7th Yr. Sr. Jack Clark

4 of 13 Scholarships

Last edited:
I think we all have to reconcile ourselves to the fact that VCU basketball is now a pro sports team. Of course, I can't remember a professional sports team begging its fans for loose change donations to pay their players.

Maybe when this all shakes out the schools will be able to ditch the "collective" charade and pay the players out of school funds so this unseemly begging can stop, and we can return to the begging for season ticket purchases.
Agreed. I hope this is short term.. What I am missing is the "team" atmosphere that comes along with amateur sports. The "fight & Strive" to achieve a goal as a collective...
Money changes all of it! Once you get paid, you don't have the same attitude. especially if you got your money upfront! / Focus becomes on the individual ( stats = bigger payday).
Could Young kids with $$ = entitlement / egos??

As a Fan of Sports I have Many Many choices... (cheap or avg expense)

• Love MB Pelicans (A league) Baseball. $7 tickets with thursday $2 dogs and drafts....watching individual players. inexpensive enjoyment without burning a hole in ones pocket ( in todays world).

• Love watching Cleveland Browns on Sundays. No Extra Money needed. Plus, Went to Cleveland 2 years ago. cost me $1k for 4 of us to go: (flight (spirit cheap tix) / hotel/ R&R HOF / christmas story house & the Game) - - -

I would think the Marketing and School Has GOT to be looking at the environment they are now in and what they can do/give in terms of Entertainment value.

Hoping we keep bulk our team together. would love to see what they could achieve together.

I think we all have to reconcile ourselves to the fact that VCU basketball is now a pro sports team. Of course, I can't remember a professional sports team begging its fans for loose change donations to pay their players.

Maybe when this all shakes out the schools will be able to ditch the "collective" charade and pay the players out of school funds so this unseemly begging can stop, and we can return to the begging for season ticket purchases.
Apparently I am still donating to the collective. They just hit up my credit card today

I received a call from Claire Evko thanking me for my season ticket renewal. Had season tickets since 1985 and have never received a call before. It was greatly appreciated. I wished I had asked how the sales were going compared to last year.

Good point. The NCAA has created a complete dumpster fire and it's a bad look regardless of what level the respective programs are at.

• Love MB Pelicans (A league) Baseball. $7 tickets with thursday $2 dogs and drafts....watching individual players. inexpensive enjoyment without burning a hole in ones pocket ( in todays world).
Fond memories/highlight of family trips to NMB was attending Pelican's games at night. Loved the park and the atmosphere.

Last year we had to lean on Max too much, almost impacting his performance early season with little depth. What a wonderful “problem” it would be to have a Max/Brickus rotation!
The injury attrition Max dealt with toward the end of the season was probably a direct result of that. If he comes back and we add some depth in the form of Brickus, that'll take some of the pressure off him.

The injury attrition Max dealt with toward the end of the season was probably a direct result of that. If he comes back and we add some depth in the form of Brickus, that'll take some of the pressure off him.

Last season's minutes per game ....

Brickus 36.5 with the Sallies
Shulga 32.8
Jackson 29.6
Bamisile 23.2
Nelson 19.8

All with pro ambitions, who's volunteering for more butt on the bench minutes?

If same timeline continued for 24-25 Rams, that's 142 minutes for what would amount to about two and a half positions ....

Who's in? Who's out?

And where would another guard, even the talented Jennings, fit in? Redshirt?

"Waiting your turn" went the way of black 'n' white TV. (Although I'll watch Andy and Barney all day).

Shulga 32.8
Jackson 29.6
Bamisile 23.2
Nelson 19.8

If same timeline continued for 24-25 Rams, that's 142 minutes for what would amount to about two and a half positions ....

Who's in? Who's out?

"Waiting your turn" went the way of black 'n' white TV. (Although I'll watch Andy and Barney all day).
I'm sure there's a plan.

Shulga 32.8
Jackson 29.6
Bamisile 23.2
Nelson 19.8

Who's in? Who's out?

So, guys work out over the summer knowing they have to compete for minutes and get better. Practice starts, go earn your floor time. You don't turn down good players when you can get them.

Shulga 32.8
Jackson 29.6
Bamisile 23.2
Nelson 19.8

Who's in? Who's out?

One of those guys may have pro ambitions but is nowhere near sniffing that level and I’d suspect his minutes would be halved next year

Back