2015 MLB Amatuer Draft....VCU or otherwise

CHJwrE1WgAAnSgw.jpg
Congrats to @VCUBaseball’s Daniel Concepcion on being drafted by the Kansas City Royals in the 12th round! #LetsGoVCU

The Royals know how to develop relievers so he's definitely in a good spot!

3 VCU guys getting MiLB contracts is pretty solid....who knows, maybe JoJo and Heath will catch on somewhere....you can never have enough lefties.

As for the Phils, I like what they did....we had a need for position players and then they loaded up on ENORMOUS pitchers late on the draft who were seniors and easy to sign.

3 VCU guys getting MiLB contracts is pretty solid....who knows, maybe JoJo and Heath will catch on somewhere....you can never have enough lefties.

As for the Phils, I like what they did....we had a need for position players and then they loaded up on ENORMOUS pitchers late on the draft who were seniors and easy to sign.

I def think they could sign on somewhere.... Especially the way JoJo pitched vs DBU.... And then again vs Miami (FL)... Cause if I'm not mistaken those 3 runs were unearned in that first game for them.

I like that...if he can swing it like he does he will have a real shot...didn't work for Inge but good hitting catchers are tougher to find than middle infielders

If nothing else.... It's good because they could use him as an emergency catcher if needed... Or if he can transition well, it will give him more opportunities to play being that he's more versatile

That would be a curious move. Vimael should be around 21 or 22, to have a guy learn a completely new position at this point could definitely set him back in terms of being a prospect (he was a 10th round pick). Figure it would take a few years to learn the nuances of being a catcher at that level in addition to just keeping his head above water at the plate against professional pitching.

Back