2015 MLB Amatuer Draft....VCU or otherwise

I know Joey.... and that is interesting.... I don't know Ray Moore or Larry Parpart....

On one hand.... if they did in fact call VHSL multiple times to get Clover Hill DQ'd.... it's very sad because.... they couldn't just go out there and beat Clover Hill... when on paper I believe record wise they were the better team.... yet they couldn't beat them.....

On the other hand.... if it is true.... I understand why they did it because.... Why should 1 team be allowed to break the rules & use a pitcher over the innings limit, and the other team who understood the rules could not..... however had Freeman gone out there and just beat Clover Hill.... this would be a non issue.... but because they lost, and because they realized that Clover Hill was breaking a rule set for pitchers by the VHSL..... this gets them to states, when otherwise.... their season would be over.
Our pitching was strong, our bats were dead. Been the story of the season. And yes, that is what Coach Moore wanted, he wanted us to just win the thing and not have it come to this, but we left 9 guys on base instead.

Happy with the Phils so far
  • SS Cornelius Randolph...top HS hitter going straight to Williamsport (short season) and skipping Fla league
  • 2B Scott Kingery...U of Arizona led NCAA in batting. Plus plus speed...definitely a lead off type. Can play CF
  • Lucas Williams SS from a Cali HS...6'1" 180...future OF
  • Kyle Martin from U of South Carolina...6'2" 240....I'm guessing a power 1b type.....meh
  • Bailey Falter...Rangy lefty with some power. 6'4" kid out of HS
They go to Round 10 today.....my guess is Machin goes tomorrow and hopefully JoJo/Lees/Heath.....seniors have ZERO leverage outside of the first couple rounds....fingers crossed

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
I'm just not going to comment much on this hearsay besides the fact that you're fairly wrong on this. We were with Coach Moore the entire time, our AD was the one that sent the appeal. And Ken, as a good coach would, was encouraging that the rules should be followed and enforced. Lastly, I'd watch out if I were you before you start trying to denigrate Ray Moore. You're speaking about a man who will go down as a legend in Richmond (just look at his coaching record and D1 players he developed), with a bigger legacy than his father. He is a stalwart for following protocol, rules, and etiquette for baseball. He never gets in an umpire's face, and never speaks bad about another team or umpire crew. Every loss we ever have is our own fault. Yes, you hate to see it happen, but rules need to be enforced, or else what precedent do we set? [/COLOR]

Like I said I have a ton of respect for Ken, and had a ton of respect for Ray. Every loss is your fault? Except for this one I guess.

Our pitching was strong, our bats were dead. Been the story of the season. And yes, that is what Coach Moore wanted, he wanted us to just win the thing and not have it come to this, but we left 9 guys on base instead.

Trust me.... I know all to well how that is.... how many did LD leave on base against you guys in the conference semis? when we were leading 1-0 until the 7th inning.... sounds very similar.... very good pitching... horrible offense

Like I said I have a ton of respect for Ken, and had a ton of respect for Ray. Every loss is your fault? Except for this one I guess.
We saw this one as our fault, we should've won it instead of having to appeal. However, the rues weren't followed. We see this as an opportunity to go get the state championship we came up short on last year.

You're really really trusting your source there to make a wrong predisposition on a coach there buddy

This thread is gettin salty!!!

That's baseball, Brings out passion and energy and occasional philosophical debates that progress into fist fights :lol:

This thread is gettin salty!!!

That's baseball, Brings out passion and energy and occasional philosophical debates that progress into fist fights :lol:

Well especially when it's playoff time.... which it is getting ready for states for HS baseball.

CHJwrE1WgAAnSgw.jpg
Congrats to @VCUBaseball’s Daniel Concepcion on being drafted by the Kansas City Royals in the 12th round! #LetsGoVCU

CHF9OA_W8AEYyJh.jpg

probably end up in the Cub's farm system - not familar with them but we will be now - stay tuned

RAMCUB: Another real Ram Cub!
You got:
- AZ Summer league Cubs,
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans,
- South Bend Cubs
- Eugene Emeralds (A Ball)
- Tennessee Smokies (AA)
- Iowa Cubs (AAA)

Excited to see him there,
The last time we had a Ram in the club it was left handed pitcher Sean Marshall- a very solid reliever/stretch man.

Baseball players at both the high school and college levels with local ties are hearing their names called during the 2015 Major League Baseball Draft. Here are the local players who have been selected:

1st Round (Competitive Balance)- Nathan Kirby (James River, UVA)- Milwaukee Brewers

2nd Round (Competitive Balance)- Josh Sborz (UVA)- Los Angeles Dodgers

5th Round- Joe McCarthy (UVA)- Tampa Bay Rays

5th Round- Brandon Waddell (UVA)- Pittsburgh Pirates

10th Round- Vimael Machin (VCU)- Chicago Cubs

12th Round- Daniel Concepcion (VCU)- Kansas City Royals

13th Round- Michael Boyle (Deep Run, Radford)- Los Angeles Dodgers

14th Round- Luke Lowery (Cosby, East Carolina)- Arizona Diamondbacks

14th Round- Matt Winn (J.R. Tucker, VMI)- San Francisco Giants

19th Round- Nic Enright (Steward School)- New York Mets

19th Round- John LaPrise (UVA)- Toronto Blue Jays

20th Round- Kenny Towns (UVA)- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

21st Round- Matt Dacey (Richmond)- Tampa Bay Rays

22nd Round- Jordan Tarsovich (Trinity, VMI)- Los Angeles Dodgers

23rd Round- Kyri Washington (Longwood)- Boston Red Sox

36th Round- Tanner Stanley (Richmond)- Kansas City Royals

36th Round- Daniel Pinero (UVA)- Detroit Tigers

http://www.nbc12.com/story/29289631...ajor-league-baseball-draft?clienttype=generic

Back