2024 NCAA Tourney Talk

Refs are making this Tennessee/Perdue game unwatchable. So much favoritism for Edey. He apparently gets fouled everytime he touches the ball but he never gets called for all the pushes and illegal screens he’s constantly doing.
Yeah, rogue ref anonymously said as much. Said they were told not to call fouls on him unless is was so obvious it would raise suspicion. Reasoning is people were coming to games to watch Edey, they didn't want him sitting with foul trouble or fouling out.

GO WOLFPACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On the one hand, I love watching the Dukes of the world go down to defeat. On the other, I hate seeing an example of why a P5 with a losing conference record should be invited to the dance instead of a mid-major.

Since I have both a niece and nephew who are NC State alums, I'll go with rooting for them. 🎉

So slightly off topic.....

Tennessee WBB fired their Head Coach Kellie Harper today after 5 seasons.....

She was 108-51 in 5 seasons.
Made 4 NCAA Tourneys (woulda made the Tourney in 2020)
2 Sweet 16 Appearances (2022 & 2023)
Won at least 1 NCAA Tourney in all 4 appearances

And this year.... Her last 2 losses were to NC State (who is now in the Final 4) and #1 South Carolina on a last second Buzzer beater bank shot 3 in the SEC Championship game. (Also in the Final 4)

All because they are rumored to be going after Kara Lawson (currently the Duke Head Coach... and Tennessee Alum).

I get trying to make a big splash hire..... but good lord. It's not like Kellie Harper tanked the program. To fire her after that solid resume, especially when shes gotta contend with South Carolina & LSU.... to me that's ridiculous when she more than held her own.

And this year.... Her last 2 losses were to NC State (who is now in the Final 4) and #1 South Carolina on a last second Buzzer beater bank shot 3 in the SEC Championship game. (Also in the Final 4)

All because they are rumored to be going after Kara Lawson (currently the Duke Head Coach... and Tennessee Alum).

I get trying to make a big splash hire..... but good lord. It's not like Kellie Harper tanked the program. To fire her after that solid resume, especially when shes gotta contend with South Carolina & LSU.... to me that's ridiculous when she more than held her own.
Shades of Rick Barnes at Texas getting shown the door, something Tennessee should know a thing or two about.

They must know that Lawson is willing to take the job. I think Harper is a former Vols player, too. Before Harper, they had former Vols player, Holly Warlick as the head coach; she replaced Pat Summitt. Warlick went to the NCAA Tournament 7 times in 7 seasons and won something like 75% of her games while at Tennessee.

I'd love to see one of these MBB teams hire a female.
It could happen one day. There was talk of Nancy Lieberman being a candidate for a few MBB jobs a few years ago but it was just talk. She actually currently coaches the Power BIG3 team. Before that she was an assistant for the Sacramento Kings.

Back