23-24 Opponent Tracking Thread

Talking about huberis, I didn't realize Ramnation was filled with alcoholics that reason perfectly under the influence. Good to know.
I reason before I drink. My job makes a DUI a non-starter. I’d have to leave Richmond and move to an undesirable place.

I make good money, but not Bob Huggins money. I decided a long time ago not to drive even after one drink. It would start me down a path where 1 drink is okay and then 2 drinks are okay and then 3 drinks are okay, etc. Eventually, I’d get into trouble.

In the past, that would be a difficult way to live. It’s not hard to walk and Uber these days if you make decent money. There’s no excuse for people like Huggins.

Huberis? Is that what happens when UNC's coach talks smack that they're gonna win it all and then doesn't even make the tourney?
Hubert never “talked smack.” Funny joke man, but what the media says and preseason rankings don’t equal the coach talking smack. Hubert is one of the most humble and nicest coaches in basketball. That might actually be his problem/downfall.

Hubert never “talked smack.” Funny joke man, but what the media says and preseason rankings don’t equal the coach talking smack. Hubert is one of the most humble and nicest coaches in basketball. That might actually be his problem/downfall.
Oh, I know. Just had to use poor Hu to make the joke on the misspelling of hubris work. No ill intent towards him whatsoever, he was one of my favorite players back in the day.

Oh, I know. Just had to use poor Hu to make the joke on the misspelling of hubris work. No ill intent towards him whatsoever, he was one of my favorite players back in the day.
Dean Smith, as great as he was, advised Hubert to go somewhere else and get more playing time. His uncle Walter Davis was a UNC great and 6 time NBA All-Star, so Hubert really wanted to go there. Hubert became a UNC great with a long NBA career. He’s UNC’s all time 3 point percentage leader and has the second best 3 point percentage in NBA history behind Steve Kerr.

I can back this up.... I was at the TST tourney in Cary NC the weekend before last and ran into him & got a picture with him. Very Nice, approachable guy.

Money/Fame/Fortune goes to their heads & makes a lot of them think they're above the law..... but also probably the fear of some Uber/Lyft driver being like "OMG it's (insert name here) and be trying to face time or brag to their friends that they had a celebrity or famous person in their car while driving. And/or the driver asking "Can I get a picture with you or get your autograph?".

Not saying those are valid reasons to drink & drive.... cause clearly they're not...... but I would guess those would be reasons they do it.
PSA…when using Uber/Lift, go with Uber Black or Lyft Lux when using the service from point A to Point B in the cities. EV’s are also usually a safe bet.

Funny but meaningful story. Took an Uber from the airport to the Temple game last year. while talking to the driver, he shared he tried to do as many pick ups at the airport as possible and only did airport pick ups at night. His reason was he knew his passengers had to come through security so he felt safer. I say it’s meaningful because, if you arrive especially at night in a city and use a ride service, remember they know the chances of you being able to defend yourself with a weapon is lower because they know you had to go through security. Pay the extra money for the higher end option whenever possible.

PSA…when using Uber/Lift, go with Uber Black or Lyft Lux when using the service from point A to Point B in the cities. EV’s are also usually a safe bet.

Funny but meaningful story. Took an Uber from the airport to the Temple game last year. while talking to the driver, he shared he tried to do as many pick ups at the airport as possible and only did airport pick ups at night. His reason was he knew his passengers had to come through security so he felt safer. I say it’s meaningful because, if you arrive especially at night in a city and use a ride service, remember they know the chances of you being able to defend yourself with a weapon is lower because they know you had to go through security. Pay the extra money for the higher end option whenever possible.
Makes sense

±+

No it isn't. It's bad government policy at the local and state level.

California and New Yorkm have lost so many residents to other states that they both lost 1 congressional seat based on the last census.

Those stats don't include the number of resident who fled the state since 2020.

One party has controlled everything for the last
10 years and they screwed it badly to lose representation in congress.

California, on its own, is one of the largest economies in the world, rich in talent and natural resources. How badly do the state and local parties in charge have screw to it up to enough people leave that state to lose congressional representatives?

It's insanely hard and f'in ponderous to accomplish that feet.

It's projected they will lose more seats in congress after the next census.
there are other possibilities... not going to get into a long political argument here.

Back