23-24 Opponent Tracking Thread

Dayton and SLU looking to be good this year
If SLU can get Robbie Avila and we add some key pieces, it could be a real dogfight at the top of the A10 next season. St. Joe's also looks like they could be good with Reynolds returning and Derek Simpson (very solid PG) coming over from Rutgers.

This tells me they are not expecting Holmes to come back.
None of the basic average fans around here think he's coming back, but as I said elsewhere none of my friends here are real insiders. It depends on what the NBA folks are telling him his draft stock is. Though I think they have some NIL cash available, having enough for Key and Holmes might be a stretch, but I don't really know anything. Just guessing.

None of the basic average fans around here think he's coming back, but as I said elsewhere none of my friends here are real insiders. It depends on what the NBA folks are telling him his draft stock is. Though I think they have some NIL cash available, having enough for Key and Holmes might be a stretch, but I don't really know anything. Just guessing.
I seriously doubt Key is going there as a grad transfer to play backup minutes, and AG keeps his rotations pretty short. Issac Jack averaged less than nine minutes a game last year backing up Holmes. They already have an established 4 (Santos) coming back, and Key's not really a 4 anyway.

Last edited:
It depends on what the NBA folks are telling him his draft stock is.

I haven't seen any mocks with Holmes in the 1st round. Mainly low/mid 30's into the mid 40's....He's honestly better off going the P5 mercenary route and cashing in while he can before the "Pro/G League...should I go to Europe" scenario unfolds.

I did see former kinda sorta almost Ram Bobi Klintman on a number of the mocks....that was a blast from the past that all the nerds in the recruiting subforum will remember. He was so-so at WF in 2022/2023 and then played in the Hungry Jacks National Basketball League in (mostly) Australia last season...I recall @vcu_baum GUARANTEED us he was gonna be a Ram.......aaaaaah, good times

Bobi Klintman
giphy.gif

Back