Coach Ryan Odom Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

I think another question for sometime has been player development. From the first interview to now, I have heard more specifics regarding that than I have in anytime I can remember. I don't how long or short coach RO's tenure will be but I hope its long enough that. We see a couple years of 2nd weekends in March
Yep. I was talking to my friend this morning. I got a coffee call 😂 Sounds like Coach Odom is thinking he can develop Lawal into being a solid player for VCU within the scheme he will run. Also heard that VCU might be in the lead for a player but it is not a big man. Unfortunately I do not have a name. I am still trying to get him to go fishing on this.

Yep. I was talking to my friend this morning. I got a coffee call 😂 Sounds like Coach Odom is thinking he can develop Lawal into being a solid player for VCU within the scheme he will run. Also heard that VCU might be in the lead for a player but it is not a big man. Unfortunately I do not have a name. I am still trying to get him to go fishing on this.
You always recruit and honestly, I am less inclined to believe Bam Bam will get a waiver than I was when he signed based on tidbits floating around(Not Bam specific stuff but general stuff). A one or possibly two year triple threat scorer would be good to sign. Also, Id still leave #13 open

You always recruit and honestly, I am less inclined to believe Bam Bam will get a waiver than I was when he signed based on tidbits floating around(Not Bam specific stuff but general stuff). A one or possibly two year triple threat scorer would be good to sign. Also, Id still leave #13 open

Lots of noise out there that the NCAA is cracking down on waivers for the upcoming football and basketball seasons if you have already transferred once. VCU will be Bamisile's 4th stop in college. You have to think the NCAA is going to frown upon yet another waiver for him. I hope they don't, but my guess is he will have to sit for a year.

what I have heard in Odom's pressers is nothing but praise for his players. Hard to decipher is this just the normal positive things coaches say to describe and motivate or is it really something we need to sit up and pay attention to. (he described Zeb as the fastest he ever coached and then Tobi as the most athletic he ever coached - I think over twenty five years there might be some hyperbole in his descriptions - which is fine and serves his purpose to build interest and motivate)

color me an optimistic sceptic when I hear him talk about the returners and the new players (rookies)
Greece will give us some real feedback about where these players stand in the rotation, likely

go Rams (go Tobi , I too would love to see his success from hard work)

Nobody made a comment about this podcast and there was quite bit of interesting information in this show. One thing that stood out is that Coach Odom is high on Tobi Lawal. He called him the most athletic player he has coached. I also have second hand knowledge that he thinks he will develop into a big time player.
No doubt. These are some of the same reasons he was recruiting to come to VCU as a freshman.

Nobody made a comment about this podcast and there was quite bit of interesting information in this show. One thing that stood out is that Coach Odom is high on Tobi Lawal. He called him the most athletic player he has coached. I also have second hand knowledge that he thinks he will develop into a big time player.
I know I get Kendrick Warren-like excited when he comes in. He reminds me of him in some ways with his giftedness.

what I have heard in Odom's pressers is nothing but praise for his players. Hard to decipher is this just the normal positive things coaches say to describe and motivate or is it really something we need to sit up and pay attention to. (he described Zeb as the fastest he ever coached and then Tobi as the most athletic he ever coached - I think over twenty five years there might be some hyperbole in his descriptions - which is fine and serves his purpose to build interest and motivate)

color me an optimistic sceptic when I hear him talk about the returners and the new players (rookies)
Greece will give us some real feedback about where these players stand in the rotation, likely

go Rams (go Tobi , I too would love to see his success from hard work)
Overall I agree, but I buy it about Tobi.

Physically Tobi certainly has everything needed to be a great player. If he has the work ethic and develops the skills look out. Time will tell, but it is encouraging to know Coach is high on him.

Physically Tobi certainly has everything needed to be a great player. If he has the work ethic and develops the skills look out. Time will tell, but it is encouraging to know Coach is high on him.
Lawal definitely showed some signs of what he's capable of last season (he had one of my favorite dunks of all time). I think Odom can turn him into a serious weapon for us.

Back