Coach Ryan Odom Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

I am not able to listen in right now but does anyone have a spark notes version of what was said?

Seems to be resigned to the level we can compete NIL wise

If I’m a college basketball coach lack of a robust NIL bucket would cause me to look at other opportunities much sooner than maybe would have a few years ago

Your coaching chops don’t mean $hiite if you ain’t got money to buy better players

The system is broken. Oh well, we'll figure out how to make it work.
The law Governor Youngkin signed yesterday, which goes into effect July 1, should help all schools in Virginia a great deal, relative to other states. We’ll never be able to compete financially with the power conference schools, but this law does at least put a little foundation into the mess that is NIL. That’s what I take away from the article in the TD I just read.

Listened, and it was fine, but really just a rehash of the obvious imo. Could certainly be worse, but am not quite as impressed as others seem to be.
I was unable to be at the show and doubt I’ll be able to listen this weekend. Can you please give me brief version and let me know what impressed others but not you? Thanks.

Four lines, no? Start with Enonram's. If there's a longer version, Episcopalians stick to the quickie.
Thinking of Old Hundreth, altered and unaltered. Sorry, didn't see Enonram's (or didn't pay attention is always a possibility). Yes, 4 lines.

The law Governor Youngkin signed yesterday, which goes into effect July 1, should help all schools in Virginia a great deal, relative to other states. We’ll never be able to compete financially with the power conference schools, but this law does at least put a little foundation into the mess that is NIL. That’s what I take away from the article in the TD I just read.
I honestly think that law saved us from being completely helpless in the NIL world and I'm glad there was overwhelming bipartisan support for it.

Back