For Funsies: Conference Reallignment/Creation

Sounds like a mess. I'd rather be in the future 14 team A-10.
Who's to know or say that the Big East doesn't take a step backwards and the A10 doesn't take a step forward in the next few years.

Big East has a couple of stinkers also.

Sounds like a mess. I'd rather be in the future 14 team A-10.
With the changing landscape here across the ncaa I think we’re going to have to start getting creative as far as scheduling, conference affiliation etc. to stay relevant. Likely a pipe dream but some sort of coalition of the top non power conference basketball schools would be great for us imo.

Who's to know or say that the Big East doesn't take a step backwards and the A10 doesn't take a step forward in the next few years.

Big East has a couple of stinkers also.
It's funny. Every team in the Big East is in the top 65 of the NET (and almost half of them are in the top 40), then you have Georgetown at #198 and DePaul at #322.

With the changing landscape here across the ncaa I think we’re going to have to start getting creative as far as scheduling, conference affiliation etc. to stay relevant. Likely a pipe dream but some sort of coalition of the top non power conference basketball schools would be great for us imo.

I do agree that creativity is needed now more than ever. Just not sure an 18 team conference that features VCU and Grand Canyon is what any of us need. Gonzaga, who turned down the Mountain West in 2018, isn't going to join a conference with 9 schools from the A-10.

The fantasy booking doesn't make sense for almost all teams mentioned.

I do agree that creativity is needed now more than ever. Just not sure an 18 team conference that features VCU and Grand Canyon is what any of us need. Gonzaga, who turned down the Mountain West in 2018, isn't going to join a conference with 9 schools from the A-10.

The fantasy booking doesn't make sense for almost all teams mentioned.

Gonzaga is going to end up in the Big 12. It's just a matter of time. Conversations between the two parties have already occured.

And now Clemson is suing to be able to leave the ACC.

Not sure why they are suing. They can leave the ACC....there is nothing at all stopping them. They just have to follow the binding contract they agreed to and pay the exit fee. I hope the courts turn them down. But contracts these days don't seem to be very binding for people or businesses with money.

Not sure why they are suing. They can leave the ACC....there is nothing at all stopping them. They just have to follow the binding contract they agreed to and pay the exit fee. I hope the courts turn them down. But contracts these days don't seem to be very binding for people or businesses with money.
I guess lawsuits are what rich folks do for fun these days.

Clearly they don't want to pay the exit fee. Basically their defense is "we don't want to follow that contract that we signed." It works every time in court.

I am very impressed that so many of you follow ALL of the terms of service of every one-sided/ unnegotiated online agreement you've ever speedily clicked through.

I am very impressed that so many of you follow ALL of the terms of service of every one-sided/ unnegotiated online agreement you've ever speedily clicked through.
I didn't read the one for this site closely and then one time at a game the four M's held me down and stole my shoes. Apparently it was part of the terms and conditions for posting?

Same conversation that took place in the CAA days. We have a conference where not every member is committed to the overall health of the conference when it comes to MBB. They aren't committed to consistently playing the best schedule they can or don't have the funds to buy games and/or play the tournaments. It's the way is has been and will likely continue to be that way unless the conference sets some sort of "standard" in all sports.

Same conversation that took place in the CAA days. We have a conference where not every member is committed to the overall health of the conference when it comes to MBB. They aren't committed to consistently playing the best schedule they can or don't have the funds to buy games and/or play the tournaments. It's the way is has been and will likely continue to be that way unless the conference sets some sort of "standard" in all sports.
Thats why it sort of feels like starting anew with a conference of currently like minded teams feels like the best option. It’s too hard to force the bottom feeders out. It’s doubtful us or anyone else is going to get that big east bid so let’s create essentially the big east 2.0 of top non football schools in the country. Taking the top of the a10, adding schools like CofC, Wichita State, maybe consider Temple if they showed some concrete plans that they want to be a basketball school again…

Back