Forced to be reseated in a non-reseating year????

Got the call, too. Thought we were where we were supposed to be. Guess not. They negotiated with us We will up our donation but we have access to 6 tix and can remain in the same section. They are communicating more than any time I can remember and seem to have some good people In Athletic administration. Having fun since ‘71!

Got the call, too. Thought we were where we were supposed to be. Guess not. They negotiated with us We will up our donation but we have access to 6 tix and can remain in the same section. They are communicating more than any time I can remember and seem to have some good people In Athletic administration. Having fun since ‘71!
that’s the whole point. You were where you were supposed to be. It’s just now they don’t like it and are deciding to change the rules for some where they see it convenient for them.

that’s the whole point. You were where you were supposed to be. It’s just now they don’t like it and are deciding to change the rules for some where they see it convenient for them.
Did not say we liked it. Adapting as we can. We were treated worse in the past. Maybe things will be better in the future. (Not holding my breath). Winning cures a lot of evils.

For the 10K seat, assuming 20 seats per row. There are 5 sections with 11 rows and 2 with 7 rows, for 1380 seats per VCU seating chart. There were only 517 season tickets sold for the 10K, another 829 at $2,500 and above, totaling 1,346. This was from a VCU FOIA request. The RAF has lost millions over the last 5 years.

No one has complained about the re-seating and how they chose to allocate seats more than me. I tend to like the focus on loyalty not present day giving. Not because it benefits me I am in the 10k level and get really good seats any way. Plus my point total puts me in the 90-110 range dependent upon the year.

Pre-Final 4 when we used to list the high level donors one a Chart in what is now the Boxes, I was one of about 10 people who gave 10k or more, Not counting Stuart Seigal. who I believe was giving 50k per year to get to his million pledged.

Fwiw, as I get older and I dont live in the area I have considered cutting my donation in half and instead of getting 8 seats go with 4. My family members who used those seats done always use them either.

I do think it is rather crappy if someone is asked to reseat who has given a great deal over the years. I made the argument that if you are in better seats than your section then you should understand that you might have to move. I stand behind that statements. However, I do think it was on the AD to let you know about the possibility. Also, if you have given a great deal then maybe they let you stay either in those seats or in the best area available after they reseat you, due to raising donor levels.

I never liked the idea of a new donor drops 10k this year and they qualify for good seats but a fan who has donated on average 5k for the last 20-30 years get lessor seats. The number of tickets should be tied to the donations but the quality of seats should be tied to points IMO.

Otherwise you have fair weather fans during times of plenty, and empty seats in time of famine.

Last edited:
For the 10K seat, assuming 20 seats per row. There are 5 sections with 11 rows and 2 with 7 rows, for 1380 seats per VCU seating chart. There were only 517 season tickets sold for the 10K, another 829 at $2,500 and above, totaling 1,346. This was from a VCU FOIA request. The RAF has lost millions over the last 5 years.
How about above the 10k level? And when you say 'season tickets" do you mean actual tickets or ticket purchasers? For example, I don't at the 10k level but purchases 8 tickets/ seats.

the problem is poor sizing of the various sections when they create their map - not sure what you mean when you say RAF has lost millions over the last 5 years. Are you talking about the total gifts ( right to buy payments ) they receive to buy tickets or just total gifts they receive each year

it appears to me that more and more and more arenas have more empty seats today than 5 years ago - just a fact of life

also our donors are wonderful people to support our team/s and programs - just like those donors that put contributions into the church basket each week

go rams

You should tell them to pi$$ off. With everything we're going through this is about the dumbest time ever to alienate a single fan.
If the local kids do commit, then it might be the smartest time and thing to do.
Embrace change. I've been told it is the only way to move forward.

I never liked the idea of a new donor drops 10k this year and they qualify for good seats but a fan who has donated on average 5k for the last 20-30 years get lessor seats. The number of tickets should be tied to the donations but the quality of seats should be tied to points IMO.
While I agree with that..... you'd prob get people complaining that someone giving $500, $1000, $2500 or w/e (even tho they've been doing so for 10-15-20 years through the good, bad & ugly) are going to have better seats than than a 10k donor who comes in fresh off the Final 4 run. (just as an example)

And realistically no matter how you do it, someone's gonna get mad. If you do it mainly based on loyalty.... new people dropping 10k on a reseating year are gonna be mad that lower level donors have better seats. But if you do it based on giving level at the time of reseating.... your loyal long time donors are gonna feel disrespected because you've been here through the highest of highs but also the lowest of lows & now you're getting F'd over because someone comes in & drops 10k just because we went to the Final 4 & now they are jumping you in terms of importance & get better seats.

The way the system is set up it more so rewards the "what have you done for me lately" versus the "What have you done for me long term".

Either way someones gonna be upset.

the problem is poor sizing of the various sections when they create their map - not sure what you mean when you say RAF has lost millions over the last 5 years. Are you talking about the total gifts ( right to buy payments ) they receive to buy tickets or just total gifts they receive each year

it appears to me that more and more and more arenas have more empty seats today than 5 years ago - just a fact of life

also our donors are wonderful people to support our team/s and programs - just like those donors that put contributions into the church basket each week

go rams
The problem is that they created a seating map and are trying to retroactively apply that when it didn't exist at the time of the last reseating. Either do a reseating or don't, but don't kick people out of seats based on new rules that you have come up with. It just continues to erode trust in the process. When people make a donation and select seats they rightfully expect to be able to keep those seats as long as they maintain the donation and continue to purchase season tickets.

How about above the 10k level? And when you say 'season tickets" do you mean actual tickets or ticket purchasers? For example, I don't at the 10k level but purchases 8 tickets/ seats.
That would be total number of season tickets purchased by those who donate 10K or more. --> it was from VCU via a FOI request.

go rams
Over the last 5 years many CCM have dropped out as well as total donors. There are 5,000 season ticket available, it has dropped from the 5k to around 2,000 - 2,200.

Over the last 5 years many CCM have dropped out as well as total donors. There are 5,000 season ticket available, it has dropped from the 5k to around 2,000 - 2,200.
Plenty of seats for everybody.

Back