Former Recruits and Players

The road of college basketball is filled with players who aimed higher than a mid major and really made it happen...and also littered with guys who tried the same and were just never really relevant again.....but they had good seats for games and fancy training facilities (that football $$ paid for) and a P5 name on their chest. Those same roads are also littered with the broken promises of coaching staffs who over recruited players are promises were made, cause....k'know, they have careers too...and wanna win and get paid.

he's got a couple years left...I hope he finds a place that will value his skill set
It’s al about fit. He doesnt fit there.

So I understand Hasan Wards Collegiate Career is over. It just never happened for him at Iowa State. He averaged 6.0 and 3.8 this year. No real surprise as the "Basketball IQ" and skill level was just not there. Example of a phenomenal athlete that just did not develop even though they got his weight up to 230lbs. Hard to attract much pro attention with those stats. Likely an example of a kid thinking short-term(NIL) vs. Long-term(career). I think we will see a lot of this in the future.

So I understand Hasan Wards Collegiate Career is over. It just never happened for him at Iowa State. He averaged 6.0 and 3.8 this year. No real surprise as the "Basketball IQ" and skill level was just not there. Example of a phenomenal athlete that just did not develop even though they got his weight up to 230lbs. Hard to attract much pro attention with those stats. Likely an example of a kid thinking short-term(NIL) vs. Long-term(career). I think we will see a lot of this in the future.
doesn't he have another year?

For reference one of the articles was in The Gazette in Iowa that stated it was his second and final season with Iowa State.

Are you crazy. He supposedly got 250k per year.

Hasan was never going to be an NBA out of VCU or anywhere else. His family needed the money as they were devastated by a hurricane.

He has a mom and I think two younger siblings. I think he was thinking long term. The long term health of his family.

If he was my family member I would argue he absolutely took the long term approach.

Are you crazy. He supposedly got 250k per year.

Hasan was never going to be an NBA out of VCU or anywhere else. His family needed the money as they were devastated by a hurricane.

He has a mom and I think two younger siblings. I think he was thinking long term. The long term health of his family.

If he was my family member I would argue he absolutely took the long term approach.
100% correct. This is a case where you grab the money and run. He had ZERO NBA chance out of VCU. 99% of us would have done the same thing. If he got that money and helped momma out, God bless him.

Back