Havoc unlimited details/questions

$400k sounds nice….but is behind both SLU and Dayton if that is the total number for our NIL. Might be behind SBU and Loyola as well.

The thing about NIL is these collectives aren't directly affiliated with the schools. Thus, I don't think they have to adhere to any sort of transparency norms that may exist with public universities, like VCU.

The thing about NIL is these collectives aren't directly affiliated with the schools. Thus, I don't think they have to adhere to any sort of transparency norms that may exist with public universities, like VCU.
My understanding with respect to the revised rules is that everything is game as long as you don't violate state laws.

Then they need to give more.....

It's easier to give more information..... than it is to give money.

Maybe hold regular monthly meetings that people can join & ask questions..... Or put out regular news about things they are thinking about and ask for feed back on what we the donors think.

It's a 2 way street.
Just post updates on Twitter, show on their web site what they’re doing, but it’s been nothing thus far.

No, but when you’re asking people to give you money, you need to show those folks how it’s being used.

We have a roster of players don’t we? Thats what they are doing with it
Just handing them cash? Okay, so how about saying “this quarter we received $x and distributed $x to student athletes?” I’m sure those giving their hard-earned money would appreciate some sort of information. No need to get nasty about it.

Just handing them cash? Okay, so how about saying “this quarter we received $x and distributed $x to student athletes?” I’m sure those giving their hard-earned money would appreciate some sort of information. No need to get nasty about it.

Rodney has mentioned in an interview how much they distributed. From a negotiation standpoint I’m not sure it’s in our best interest to mention how much cash they have.

I can see why anyone would want more information and better communication though.

Reactions: SWV
No nasty-ness meant!

I doubt they would do that for recruitment/negotiation reasons. Even them coming out and saying “$400k” worries me a bit when it comes to competition for recruits….allegedly there is a place in our conference paying more than that to a single player

$400k sounds nice….but is behind both SLU and Dayton if that is the total number for our NIL. Might be behind SBU and Loyola as well.
That's just the money distributed through the collective. I'm sure other monies came from private companies and such. Synergy Technical, for example, seems to be pretty high on bringing the basketball players out for personal appearances. I don't THINK that would be included in the collective totals.

Biggest question I have around our collective at the moment, is there any word on if/when it will become tax deductible? I would imagine that would help with some of the higher end donations.

Biggest question I have around our collective at the moment, is there any word on if/when it will become tax deductible? I would imagine that would help with some of the higher end donations.
The site said it is not tax deductible. I think that is accurate information. But if you are a business, you deduct it as an advertising expense.

The site said it is not tax deductible. I think that is accurate information. But if you are a business, you deduct it as an advertising expense.
Correct, but look at other collectives. They allow for tax deductible donations

Back