How are you feeling right now about the team and program?

For me, right now, the Patrick departure is sort of a barometer for the program. I'm just not sure what it means.
1. Patrick got here and saw how strong the team is and could see himself getting meaningful minutes??
2. He got here and thought A10 basketball would be beneath him, so why not stay in Europe.
3. Something completely different, like he'd prefer not to get shot in Richmond or other major city.

And there's those two scholarships left. Who will be this year's Melvin Johnson, coming on board late but then making major contributions for years to come. Anyone hearing anything about who we're even interested in?
I think his situation is unique to him.

Anybody remember this guy playing at Hard Times in the early 1980's? He deserves to be in the rock and roll hall of fame. More so than dozen other acts. The Letter alone.

Last edited:
For me, right now, the Patrick departure is sort of a barometer for the program. I'm just not sure what it means.
1. Patrick got here and saw how strong the team is and could not see himself getting meaningful minutes??
2. He got here and thought A10 basketball would be beneath him, so why not stay in Europe.
3. Something completely different, like he'd prefer not to get shot in Richmond or other major city.

And there's those two scholarships left. Who will be this year's Melvin Johnson, coming on board late but then making major contributions for years to come. Anyone hearing anything about who we're even interested in?
I’m feeling it’s option 1 because (as AA was told) after a few practices it was looking like he’d be behind some guys in the rotation. And we were also hearing that he was home sick after just 2-3 days here. While possible, that’s pretty quick to become homesick. If you’re going to come off the bench either way, then I guess it’s better to do it in your home country while making $70,000 and not having to go to classes.

Back