Joey's game

I'm the one that suggested disconnecting the wireless router. By no means am I a techie! However, this seems to have solved all of my buffering issues. The video still isn't clear like you're watching tv. However, at least the stream is smooth and watching the games has become more enjoyable.

My suggestion...disconnect from the wireless router and connect directly to the modem.

Sometimes, xjohnx and others can give you much better technical advice regarding video cards, etc.

Good luck!

Sometimes said:
The most important step for a good video stream that everybody always forgets about is making sure that your video card driver is up to date.

How can you tell if your video card driver is up to date? If it's out of date, how do you update?

tried the router trick-didn't work-looks pretty clear until you go fullscreen and the quality goes to heck- maybe there is no fix

vcu70 said:
tried the router trick-didn't work-looks pretty clear until you go fullscreen and the quality goes to heck- maybe there is no fix

The router trick won't improve the quality of the video...it is what it is. However, it solved all of my buffering (choppy video) issues. Give it a try during our next live game.

Mercury said:
VCU4LIFE said:
If our offense doesn't call for a half court offense then don't expect our guys to be able to run one??? That's not gonna get us very far..... :?

Our offensive system is glorified streetball we run and jack threes with the occasional pass inside to the big man.

I will say this...for prospective players, they love this kind of system...just ask the players which brnad of basketball they like better - Grant's or Smart?

VCUBeatsduke

Rambler said:
Sometimes said:
The most important step for a good video stream that everybody always forgets about is making sure that your video card driver is up to date.

How can you tell if your video card driver is up to date? If it's out of date, how do you update?

Mac, XP, Vista or Windows7?

Mercury said:
VCU4LIFE said:
If our offense doesn't call for a half court offense then don't expect our guys to be able to run one??? That's not gonna get us very far..... :?

Our offensive system is glorified streetball we run and jack threes with the occasional pass inside to the big man.
Again, awesome point and you provide such irrefutable evidence! Oh, wait...maybe it's just me, once again, but I find it extremely intriguing that we can jack up all of these threes(11), only make four of them(36%)...and still end up with 78 points! Impressive...although, maybe you forgot or chose to ignore majority of the 66 points that we scored on set offensive plays. Interesting...

Sometimes said:
Rambler said:
Sometimes said:

Mac, XP, Vista or Windows7?

XP.

I think I saw a quote from Coach Smart somewhere that even when Joey's hand was injured that he was still knocking down 3's in practice like nobody's business. Although that could have an effect on the amount of time it would take him to accept a pass and get into his shooting motion which would increase the defensive pressure. I think his three point percentage will go up quite a bit during CAA play due to a combination of better shot selection, taking fewer 3's, T and Skeen adding to our inside game and freeing up guys on the arch, and him being able to rest that hand for a few days over the holidays. I think Jay will find his stroke as well. If you remember Eric's 3 point shot went all to heck for a week or two last year as well after knocking down NBA 3's all season. A good shooter just has to refocus on the mechanics and it will come back.

Deuce said:
Mercury said:
VCU4LIFE said:

Again, awesome point and you provide such irrefutable evidence! Oh, wait...maybe it's just me, once again, but I find it extremely intriguing that we can jack up all of these threes(11), only make four of them(36%)...and still end up with 78 points! Impressive...although, maybe you forgot or chose to ignore majority of the 66 points that we scored on set offensive plays. Interesting...

LOL my evidence is on tape, but I guess the blind cant see that. Just because you score inside the three point line doesn't mean we ran a play. Way to use a small sample size of one game. Now go waste your time and do it for the season

of course the team is going to have more inside points than outside points thats common sense. But we live by the three and die by the three

Mercury said:
LOL my evidence is on tape, but I guess the blind cant see that. Just because you score inside the three point line doesn't mean we ran a play. Way to use a small sample size of one game. Now go waste your time and do it for the season

of course the team is going to have more inside points than outside points thats common sense. But we live by the three and die by the three
Awesome logic...clearly you know what you're talking about...Oh, and when you say that "we live and die by the three", it must be inconceivable that we're shooting 36% against Tulane(28% against UR, 38% against URI, 25% against Nevada, 36% against OU) and have somehow ended up with a 7-2 record(5-0 against all of those teams listed. Additionally, I find it extremely odd that we shot 42% against William and Mary and lost. In fact, that must be impossible... Something tells me that your logic is as lacking of substance, as you are full of ...it...

OK- I can't take it any more. I have to put in my 2 cents on this one. And Merc- Not trying to attack you Bro- you know, the way a certain little homo has decided to attack me lately.... well, that for another day.... but seriously- not trying to attack you, and I can certainly tell you that you are not the only one that does not like our system. But I've got to disagree with you on this one.

And I've got to side with Deuce. This system is a fast-moving one- especially on offense, but fast-moving in general. In fact, if anything, I thought we were going to press even a little more, defensively. No one is asking you to like a fast-moving, 94-feet both ways, type of system. But that's what we have. And it is working- for now. We are significantly ahead of the pace I had set, and most of us had set, before the season started, and based on where we are right now. That's win-loss wise, as well as chemistry, confidence, reputation, and the whole 9-yards. I'd make a few points on the system:

1- Considering the fast pace, particularly on offense, and the quick transition / our bigs throwing long transitional passes after boards, etc.... I would have to say we are turning the ball over less that one might expect with this type of team. Heck- JD Barnett only believed in 2 things- defense, and protecting the ball. Maybe you could throw clock management in the mix. All of that, and his standard T/O benchmark, as best as I can remember, was 9. But certainly no more than 11 in ordewr to win games. That's 9-11. Sheesh- the way we have been running, we have not been turning the ball over much more than that. I've been seeing #s like 11, 9, 13, 14, etc. Maybe a couple worse than that, but in general, not too bad. This team really seems to be able to push up the court like gang-busters, and still have the ability and control to pull the ball out, when there's nothing there. I have been impressed with that.

2- We ran even MORE than this the first year under Grant, with Jesse, BA, Eric, Anderson, Fameni, etc. I mean.... no one ever ran harder than that crew.... not at VCU anyway. That was fun. And I don't think I ever heard a complaint. Grant would have run like that the next 3 years as well- if he had the studs to do it. He slowed things way down, really each of the next 3 years, because of the lack of qualified depth and (experienced) athleticism. It turned into the "Pass the ball to Eric Maynor" show until late last year, when Larry became a monster. The one exception, maybe being Shu while he was back there. He was darn good.

3- I thought the last couple Grant teams were actually a little bit more disorganized than this team- offensively, and that this team is looking like much more of a "Team." Seems like there is hardly any difference either- with the turnovers. I dunno..... Maybe it's just me. But I'm prety darn happy with what they've accomplished thus far. And the total "team" is well beyond what I expected- given that it is Christmas time. I thought we could be here in, or by early Feb- but not as early as Christmas. JMHO

No way do I think this is glorified streetball. There is a lot more play-calling and half-court sets than you think. Watch a little closer. Again- not trying to tell you to like a system that you don't believe in. Just saying that there is a LOT more going on out there than you think. And Deuce is dead on- we are not winning with the 3-ball. That's just a part of the attack we bring. Plenty of other scoring going on.

The one thing I am extremely worried about is the trend, on the road in particular, of losing 17+ point leads in the second halves of games. This we have got to stop. Or we'll never reach our potential. I think we'll get it figured out.

I believe they are on the other thread that was brought up for this exact same reason.

Back