Players Kuany Kuany is a VCU Ram!

As I consider myself the resident expert on 2K, I would say is correct. If you do any research regarding the Sudan and its people and the migration patterns, primarily through Australia it would make more sense as to how a person of Sudanese descent might be born in Kenya.

He probably does. I care as it adds to the number of athletes from countries around the world that have played for VCU. I think we have Soviet Union, Ukraine, Russia, France, England, Nigeria, Germany, Australia, and now South Sudan for mens basketball.

Soccer has had those plus Jamaica, Brasil, Costa Rica, Netherlands. M&W.

Richmond for all it’s flaws is a pretty welcoming place for foreign born students.

During 00-01 season, Rams had FOUR Russians - Likcholitov, Nesterov, Orlov and Shtam .... many others, like Jesse Pellot-Rosa, were first generation Americans .... Jesse's family came from Puerto Rico.

He probably does. I care as it adds to the number of athletes from countries around the world that have played for VCU. I think we have Soviet Union, Ukraine, Russia, France, England, Nigeria, Germany, Australia, and now South Sudan for mens basketball.

Richmond for all it’s flaws is a pretty welcoming place for foreign born students.
And Egypt too.

lol the last 5 or so years alone there's been a boat load for WBB.

Canada x5
Chile
Argentina
Turkey
Nigeria
Spain
Lithuania
Australia
Russia x2
New Zealand
Belarus

And that's just in the last 5 years. I know if I go back farther.... there'd be more, but in the last handful of years, we've gotten a lot of internationals for WBB..... and its worked really well.

During 00-01 season, Rams had FOUR Russians - Likcholitov, Nesterov, Orlov and Shtam .... many others, like Jesse Pellot-Rosa, were first generation Americans .... Jesse's family came from Puerto Rico.

Miss that Russian connection. Runnin' Rams and Russians.

Canada x5
Chile
Argentina
Turkey
Nigeria
Spain
Lithuania
Australia
Russia x2
New Zealand
Belarus

And that's just in the last 5 years. I know if I go back farther.... there'd be more, but in the last handful of years, we've gotten a lot of internationals for WBB..... and its worked really well.
I thought so and women’s Tennis and soccer as well.

Is there a big man you don't like?
That was soft ball question but I will swing...you know what's coming, right?

Hate for me is a strong word. There are players in general who frustrate me because they have all the accolades and God-given talent that just WASTE it.

As VCU bigs go, Wheeler is a massive example. He is the ability to be a dominant big at the Power 5 level..top 60 big who has gotten the chance to play at the highest level of basketball and doesn't capitalize on it!

Juxtapose to guys like a Lawal or Fermin who have come in here with little or no major fan fare...committed themselves working hard just 1 summer(3 months) and developed enough of their games to be major contributors on a team that is now in the upper echelons of the a10 standings!!

Go look at St Bonaventure's Chad Venning.. the dude was a boxer before playing basketball..lost 40 pounds..worked his a$$ off on post moves over the last 2 years, learned how to read double teams..when to kick it out..work with the pg on the pick and role, is the heart of the Bonnie defense!.now one of best bigs in the A10...He has a fraction of the upside of Rose.

Rose frustrates me because he appears to have chosen to be a waste of God-given talent..it really saddens me.

KK is great! Good recruiting by Coach O. He has another year of eligibility right? Plays decent defense on the inside and certainly can step outside for the 3. Coach O knows his personnel, Kuany never gets beat on the defense and we always want him see the outside shot.

Canada x5
Chile
Argentina
Turkey
Nigeria
Spain
Lithuania
Australia
Russia x2
New Zealand
Belarus

Yeah, we've had some really nice international players in WBB. This year's team is loaded and they are really playing well.

Back