Players Max Shulga in transfer portal

Perhaps Odom sent out his message to fans a few days ago because he knew Max and Lawal were officially going into the portal.

I wonder if Odom will talk about Lawal and Shulga at the Odom hour today?????

Ambiguous enough to keep us guessing, but still very promising. This kid's got the whole "tug at the heartstrings" thing down to a science.

EDIT: For those who can't see the IG post:

He's also got pics up of him in a Kentucky jersey, so who knows

Max entering the portal might clear up money we had saved for him just in case that we can move around a bit. But I really doubt anything other than cash is going into any part of the consideration with these guys (and should it when you are talking about six figure bags??)
How are we giving him money? I thought he would have to make money outside of the US?

Bye Max let’s move on and find some better or comparable replacements. Expect Belle a Fats to get more playing time.
Senor you are on to something. I love what Max did for us this year. However, which Max do you get? The one with the wet J, who can go hard to the hoop, and who can rebound? Or the guy who cannot hit the inside of the barn, and is a liability on D?

The former is a bad, bad man. The latter eh can be replaced.

If we can get Fats to pick up just a bit of D and give us just a little more than his outside shot we are good, as Belle can defend and should be better. Better those minutes are split between those guys and any transfer we get. Plus we have KK’s minutes, SB’ minutes, and Tobi’s minutes.

Everyone knows I am team Fermin, he will not disappoint, and should be working his butt off this summer to both help our Rams and shut up the naysayers.

We just need a couple of able bodies and they are out there.

Max is doing what is best for Max. I got no problem with that. As it is hard for me to deny a young man money that will surely help his family in this time of war and need in his home country.

I wish him well and thank him for the victory’s he brought to the Rams. Also, I will follow him and root for him as well.

I have a theory. Brickus refuses to commit unless he’s guaranteed a starter spot. With Max entering the portal, this gives him confidence he’d get that spot. Maybe he’s doing everyone a solid
I don't think Brickus is better than Max.

Senor you are on to something. I love what Max did for us this year. However, which Max do you get? The one with the wet J, who can go hard to the hoop, and who can rebound? Or the guy who cannot hit the inside of the barn, and is a liability on D?

The former is a bad, bad man. The latter eh can be replaced.

If we can get Fats to pick up just a bit of D and give us just a little more than his outside shot we are good, as Belle can defend and should be better. Better those minutes are split between those guys and any transfer we get. Plus we have KK’s minutes, SB’ minutes, and Tobi’s minutes.

Everyone knows I am team Fermin, he will not disappoint, and should be working his butt off this summer to both help our Rams and shut up the naysayers.

We just need a couple of able bodies and they are out there.
Since Fermin plays for VCU I want nothing but the best for him but if we are building our post-game around him next year we are in a world of trouble. I hope Fermin improves over the summer but will he be able to get a "killer instinct" mentality and softer hands? I really hope so.

Since Fermin plays for VCU I want nothing but the best for him but if we are building our post-game around him next year we are in a world of trouble. I hope Fermin improves over the summer but will he be able to get a "killer instinct" mentality and softer hands? I really hope so.
Fermin isn’t going to be our best big next year

Bye Max lets move on and find some better or comparable replacements. Expect Belle a Fats to get more playing time.
Max was First Team A10. We haven't had too many of them. We'll be fine, but you're dreaming if you think it's going to be easy to find someone as good as him. We're going to have to improve quite a bit in other areas to make up for the loss.

As long as he learns to pick up the ball after he boxes out, we'll be fine.

Fermin isn’t going to be our best big next year
I have no idea what will happen with our roster, but Fermin got a bit better after his freshman season. Many kids make their biggest leap after their sophomore seasons. Let's hope that happens with Fermin. Regardless, we've got plenty of minutes available for some big guys next season.

Back