Players Max Shulga in transfer portal

Losing any semblance of excitement for Brickus. The Tressi Gang association suggests immature, entitled, etc.
You guys don't even know what they are talking about.

Bones is dropping 40 pts in the NBA and Ace just was Big10 DPOY, yeah definitely don't want none of that tressi stuff here at VCU, what we need is a two star 5'8 CAA target with a chip on his shoulder!!!

Bones is dropping 40 pts in the NBA and Ace just was Big10 DPOY, yeah definitely don't want none of that tressi stuff here at VCU, what we need is a two star 5'8 CAA target with a chip on his shoulder!!!
Luckily the staff is still VERY in on Brickus and want him on the squad

I’ve felt this way for a while now. It’s been difficult to hold interest. It’s to the point where I don’t even have a reaction to news like this. It’s just complete apathy.

Our entire team could transfer out today (like last year, I suppose), and I’d feel very little emotion over it. We’d grab a few transfers who I won’t bother to get invested in, we’d win some games, have a few memorable moments, then rinse and repeat.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m happy for young men, many of whom did not grow up with much, to get some bank. Good for them. But as a fan, I can’t help but think this system has failed us.

As Richard apparently once said, “withdrawal in disgust is not the same as apathy”.

Maybe not, but they sure seem to share some commonalities from time to time.
I can’t imagine how anyone could be interested.

But more than any effect on a fan, it can’t be that great for the players (besides the money of course). Bouncing around from place to place never really knowing anyone more than in the most superficial ways. Maybe the younger people are used to that(. I don’t know. How do you get anything from a meaningful academic program? They never have to work through anything on or off the court, just pack a bag. It’s not good way to spend those years, and it’s not going to lay a foundation for later success. I’m sure most will squander a majority of the money, and will have little to show for it all, financially, academically, emotionally. Oh well.

I'm kind of interested. Max and Tobi might mature, this spring and summer, and say hey I want to stay and do something here.

Max has never had a season without Sean, no matter his relationship with RO, his bond with Sean was likely a driving force for their decision to come to VCU. With Sean gone, the connections are different….probably not bad, but different. Why not take a look?

I certainly hope we are not wasting time or money recruiting high school kids

No need to be a developmental program for schools with more money

Get old and stay old
Exactly. High school recruiting is obsolete now.

Max has never had a season without Sean, no matter his relationship with RO, his bond with Sean was likely a driving force for their decision to come to VCU. With Sean gone, the connections are different….probably not bad, but different. Why not take a look?
I believe too, RO wasn’t the one to recruited him to Utah st. Correct?

Losing any semblance of excitement for Brickus. The Tressi Gang association suggests immature, entitled, etc.
I’ve been questioning the maturity of Rhoades’s recruits for awhile. Between the technical and immature social media stuff quite a few seem like drama no less the 2019 season which was a train wreck. I mean we even saw it with Bones at VCU and now in the NBA when he got himself kicked off a future NBA champion team causing locker room drama. Ace is all about it too. Deloach putting revenge on his announcement when he’s the one that left VCU. So many immature players. These aren’t freshman either.

Of course I want great players for us that have talent and can play like those guys. I just don’t want some of the other stuff that those guys represent. Character counts.

Back