Players Max Shulga in transfer portal

I’ve been questioning the maturity of Rhoades’s recruits for awhile. Between the technical and immature social media stuff quite a few seem like drama no less the 2019 season which was a train wreck. I mean we even saw it with Bones at VCU and now in the NBA when he got himself kicked off a future NBA champion team causing locker room drama. Ace is all about it too. Deloach putting revenge on his announcement when he’s the one that left VCU. So many immature players. These aren’t freshman either.
I got flamed for really bad for saying it, but the stuff you said is why I said I was glad when Ace left. You get nothing but drama with that kid. In game too. It was clearly visible there were chemistry issues all 3 years he played for VCU. Not many will admit it, or even noticed it at the time, but it’s true. Take that selfish, immature BS somewhere else.

Losing any semblance of excitement for Brickus. The Tressi Gang association suggests immature, entitled, etc.

Brickus posts a hype video of his highlights to market himself. Other people he knows respond with song lyrics and now you don’t want Brickus because you have character concerns.

Brickus has been in the league for 4 years while remaining eligible and never getting into reported trouble. If you don’t know anything about the guy then don’t assume the worst.

Looks like Watkins is recruiting him for a bigger bag at FSU. As Tressi's says "Getta a Bag, Getta a Bag, Getta a Bag..Go"

When I saw this DL post last night I shut it down. So tired of seeing this crap.

Whenever it happens, we will have a team, a roster, and will play games.

F the rest of it.

I see your point. That said, with the feeding frenzy taking place in the portal there are some real solid opportunities in the prep ranks. Believe it or not some top 150 level preps get very little NIL $.
If a freshman is going to be an impact player he ain’t coming here and if he develops quickly he ain’t staying here

I can’t imagine how anyone could be interested.

But more than any effect on a fan, it can’t be that great for the players (besides the money of course). Bouncing around from place to place never really knowing anyone more than in the most superficial ways. Maybe the younger people are used to that(. I don’t know. How do you get anything from a meaningful academic program? They never have to work through anything on or off the court, just pack a bag. It’s not good way to spend those years, and it’s not going to lay a foundation for later success. I’m sure most will squander a majority of the money, and will have little to show for it all, financially, academically, emotionally. Oh well.
Judgmental much?

When I saw this DL post last night I shut it down. So tired of seeing this crap.

Whenever it happens, we will have a team, a roster, and will play games.

F the rest of it.
That’s where I’m getting to be. I used to love the recruitment of high school kids and would follow along with their progress until they hit campus here. Now, I think I’ll probably just check out until next season and hope we have a serviceable squad.

Guys…Mir was commenting the lyrics to the song that Brickus had in the post….
Either way. I'm not much of a social media follower and try not to read into everything that gets posted here. Put when i see post after post of pure speculation, I get disinterested really fast.

Yes- how to say you are old without saying you are old.

One thing to keep in mind is we are seeing a bit of a Wild Wild West situation right now in college hoops in part because these rules have only just been loosened up after decades of not being loosened up. It could be that in say 5-10-15-20 years, the portal madness won't be quite as mad, as players start to see the effects of it and how a lot of the portal moves don't work out.

Maybe not and 20 years from now it'll be just as crazy every offseason as it is now, but just think it's worth noting that we are still very early on in this new in the big picture and things may not stay this chaotic forever.

It still sucks right now with respect to the constant revolving door of players no doubt, but just something to keep an eye on. And regardless, I think we can all agree that at the end of the day, yes this new era may suck but it'll suck even more if we don't adjust to it and try to thrive in it. Classic case of, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

Back