NCAA Transfer & NIL Policies

Yeah except for the fact... most kids at age 18 aren't ready to live overseas even if just for a year. Heck, there's college kids that can't handle going to school farther than an hour or so away from home.... and wanna go home every single weekend.
Except for the ones standing a post

Not sure if it was recorded, but the town hall was interesting for sure. It certainly had some rah-rah things are fine to it.

Quick take aways:
-Ed said we are “right at the top of the list with our peers when it comes to NIL” No dollar figures given.
-Eds end goal is to have a top 25 basketball NIL fund. Said the new law helps in that goal.
-Lots of talk about how the new law gives us a big advantage (no specifics given on what exactly those advantages are).
-100% of money given to the collective has gone to players. The board has eaten the admin fees on everything. Not the case at all collectives.
-tampering is real, and isn’t slowing down

Not sure if it was recorded, but the town hall was interesting for sure. It certainly had some rah-rah things are fine to it.

Quick take aways:
-Ed said we are “right at the top of the list with our peers when it comes to NIL” No dollar figures given.
-Eds end goal is to have a top 25 basketball NIL fund. Said the new law helps in that goal.
-Lots of talk about how the new law gives us a big advantage (no specifics given on what exactly those advantages are).
-100% of money given to the collective has gone to players. The board has eaten the admin fees on everything. Not the case at all collectives.
Appreciate hearing your take on it. Would be curious to know who we consider our peer group, might give a better idea of overall standing.

Quick take aways:
thanks for this report

Curious if there is an NCAA Div. 1 golfer that is making a million dollars in NIL?

There are other things they could do like maybe tax fans for concessions. I just wonder if any idea for the flow of NIL money is sustainable. I scrapped all that I heard recently especially after the rumor that Lawal wanted $400,000. The issue is that P5 schools are tampering and throwing monetary figures out to players. They can then shop for their best deal. I just do not know how year after year programs can dish out cash to players. It angers me when all that everyone wanted the NCAA to do was compensate players from corporate earnings. They just decided to punt it to fans and businesses and wash their hands of it.
IDK, I think the earned exposures for Tobi’s highlights impressions may be around or better what VCU could do otherwise…..$400k might not that bad a deal next year……all positive exposures too, for the VCU brand.

Curious if there is an NCAA Div. 1 golfer that is making a million dollars in NIL?
John Daly II for sure…..and I’d imagine there are a few more with great deals based on junior/amateur performances, a few influencers in that group.

Back