NCAA Transfer & NIL Policies

You paid the school with loans, they "pay" the school with their on court ability (an in turn athletic revenue)
Again.... not comparable.

If you drop out of school, get put on academic suspension, or get kicked out of school for any reason..... you still have to pay off those loans and usually with a high interest value attached to it.... so the longer you go without paying it off, the more your debt builds.

Meanwhile.... if a player drops out, gets suspended, kicked off the team, expelled from the school for any reason.... do they have to pay that NIL/Revenue back?..... NOPE.

College players wanna get paid.... Fine, no problem. Start learning to manage your money & start paying you're own way through college with all that NIL money you're making. No more free tuition.

It's completely comparable, they're rendering services in exchange for value. The fact that we do this without actual employment contracts, and pretend it's something else, does not negate the reality that an exchange is being made. It's not hourly work, so they're not metered like a taxi. Jobs do this kind of thing all the time.

A full athletic scholarship gives the recipient a free education (room, board, tuition and then some). Not sure where your confusion on this stems from.
Best health care anytime they need it , best tutors available that are always accessible, flexibility other students don’t get with assignments, etc.

Again.... not comparable.

If you drop out of school, get put on academic suspension, or get kicked out of school for any reason..... you still have to pay off those loans and usually with a high interest value attached to it.... so the longer you go without paying it off, the more your debt builds.

Meanwhile.... if a player drops out, gets suspended, kicked off the team, expelled from the school for any reason.... do they have to pay that NIL/Revenue back?..... NOPE.

College players wanna get paid.... Fine, no problem. Start learning to manage your money & start paying you're own way through college with all that NIL money you're making. No more free tuition.
Pretty sure all of them would drop out and play overseas until drafting age. Which I’m not opposed to. The players don’t want to pay for anything. That much is clear. They just want to collect. Makes sense why so many are awful at money management.

The whole problem is this is associated with college. I don't see it happening anytime soon, but divorcing the whole enterprise from the university setting solves everything.

It's completely comparable, they're rendering services in exchange for value. The fact that we do this without actual employment contracts, and pretend it's something else, does not negate the reality that an exchange is being made. It's not hourly work, so they're not metered like a taxi. Jobs do this kind of thing all the time.
Ok so

Education with no debt
Unlimited Food
Best Healthcare always available
Shelter in best dorms
Ability to showcase themselves to a mass audience every week
Best tutors readily available
Flexibility on assignments
Travel to unique places/experiences on the school’s dime
Best coaching the school can offer

I’m sure I’m missing other perks.

Flip side

Plays 40 mins couple of times a week sometimes less depending on schedule
Practices and workouts throughout the week (4 hours per day max as NCAA regulates in season)
Attends some classes as able
Could bring great attention to program if performs at a high level.

The whole problem is this is associated with college. I don't see it happening anytime soon, but divorcing the whole enterprise from the university setting solves everything.
Why is college ball more popular than the G league? Affiliations.

Ok so

Education with no debt
Unlimited Food
Best Healthcare always available
Shelter in best dorms
Ability to showcase themselves to a mass audience every week
Best tutors readily available
Flexibility on assignments
Travel to unique places/experiences on the school’s dime
Best coaching the school can offer

I’m sure I’m missing other perks.

Flip side

Plays 40 mins couple of times a week sometimes less depending on schedule
Practices and workouts throughout the week (4 hours per day max as NCAA regulates in season)
Attends some classes as able
Could bring great attention to program if performs at a high level.
Have you seen what CEOs make? Nobody said the value proposition has to make a lot of sense, but you also need to consider that their talent is a product being sold for a shload more than the retail cost of an education (and remember that the schools are effectively only losing the wholesale cost, not retail). These players aren't completely interchangeable cogs, they're an elevated and finite pool of talent. Arguably the pendulum is swinging over into over-valuing that talent for now, but it was being artificially suppressed for quite some time.

Pretty sure all of them would drop out and play overseas until drafting age. Which I’m not opposed to. The players don’t want to pay for anything. That much is clear. They just want to collect. Makes sense why so many are awful at money management.
Yeah except for the fact... most kids at age 18 aren't ready to live overseas even if just for a year. Heck, there's college kids that can't handle going to school farther than an hour or so away from home.... and wanna go home every single weekend.

2 rules that would fix college basketball

transfers:
first transfer free
2nd only if coach leaves, must sit a year or close to home
grad transfer free

nil:
give smaller schools a stipend to bring up the base “salary” of players. help even the playing field

I am not confused at all. Players trade there abilities for an education. Some people gett full scholarships based on academics. My point is simply, they are not getting a "free education" they are trading a skill for it.
And what did I trade for my education: Money

Back