Projecting VCU Basketball starting 5 23-24 season

Jackson should start and then
we go from there. Nice ro have so many good point guards and at least two players for very position

Jackson should start and then
we go from there. Nice ro have so many good point guards and at least two players for very positionb s
Zeb should start, But I think he will based on talent. I think he's gonna be a baller. Maybe better than Ace. We'll see.

Is this a Koolaide grain party cause a few of you are hallucinating badly with some of your predictions. Some are great but some I just don't see and there is no evidence to support some of the claims.

Lawal is the one I can't quite see as the scoring leader on a given night .... but to answer Bang, I'm not suggesting any greediness ... only that there is not enough sugar to spread around, more in terms of minutes than shots taken.

No one wants to even think about this, but we can pretty much figure at least three or four players will get less than 10 minutes a game .... who will they be, and will NIL be enough to keep them smiling? College basketball has become more and more of a business, which saddens me.
It’s been a business for a good while we just were smaller players and now moving up so we are now becoming that which we used to pride ourselves in not being, a bb business. We should expect our coaches to move on because they are successful, or ask them to move on if they don’t produce. We should pursue the best talent. We should recruit over existing talent. We should expect to consistently make NCAA tournament. And in realizing that we should expect to run our program like a business, or accept not obtaining what we expect. In short, run it like the business it is or reduce our expectations. Did MR think to himself “I don’t want $4M a year because I want this ramily I keep talking about?” Every business wants a family environment, right next to profit.

Is this a Koolaide grain party cause a few of you are hallucinating badly with some of your predictions. Some are great but some I just don't see and there is no evidence to support some of the claims.
It’s June. Let them have their run.

Zeb should start, But I think he will based on talent. I think he's gonna be a baller. Maybe better than Ace. We'll see.
I don’t think Zeb and Ace are comparable, mainly because they can be good in their own right. Ace is more of a true PG than Zeb. They have different games and have generally been asked to do different things. I think Zeb has a high ceiling and can really shine here in Odom’s system.

We appear to have quite a bit of talent on board. I couldn't even begin to make a guess. Coach has a tough job to figure this one out.
I agree but he can start with the upperclassmen and then work the freshmen/sophs into the lineup.

I have bee high on Zeb since he arrived and think he will make a jump in production this year. I am not sure you can get much better than Ace at the collegiate level. I mean he was CPOY, DPOY, All Tournament.

Zeb has the clear advantage, in athleticism.

I’m enjoying reading all the speculation. We have a lot of talented new Rams and significant returning talent capable of making a big sophomore jump. Our portals are coming from good conferences, which should make their adjustments easier. The more challenging adjustments regarding speculation might be freshmen Belle and Patrick given cultural changes and a return to school transition that goes with it. And then there’s RO’s system, which he has effectively pursued in his recruiting. Lots of multiple position shooters. It makes lineup speculations in June a Rubix cube, which is why it’s so much fun. My speculation: Kuany Kuany a starter. While that’s not really going out on a limb a number of posters aren’t listing him as a starter. His last 3 year trend line very impressive, and I think RO system well suited for him.

would not surprize me but then again Jake has been playing against professionals also.
we have an insane amount of talent on this team.
seems like there are more depth in front of Patrick, then Belle

I watched a few of the MHP Reisen playoff games on replay on cable so I have seen Patrick play - I have never seen Belle play
So my speculation is more seat of the pants looking at the roster - while Bairstow can slide to the 4 spot (I know everyone hates the 1-5 spot terminology in the era of positionless basketball) I would love to see Belle as the backup to Kuany at the 4 because I think you need to give him run and I think he has more of an outside game than Lawal, and it appears Odom's O preference is his 4 out O where all 4 can shoot 3s at a decent rate

what I saw with Patrick in the games I watched - offensively he spends the bulk of his time on the perimeter sliding to open areas waiting to launch 3s, he has a relatively quick release and is fairly accurate (i.e. his misses are close) and we know his % from deep is right up their with our better shooters from the past. Did not look to put the ball on the ground too much, as his strength was the 3-ball

looks like he belongs on the court and no hesitancy which we saw from some Rams in the past - defensively I really did not get a good read on him (which probably means he stayed with his man or covered his area when zone) he played about 3-6 minutes each half in most of the games I watched (top 6 players were mostly american players or a germen/american player and a cuban) I think in this league you can only have 6 0r 7 non german players on active roster (like many international leagues , though the #s may change)

Patrick moves well on the court in my opinion too - lots of promise would be my initial takeaway from what I saw

Back