The Official Beat the Dayton Fayers in the Stu Thread

Locking down on Holmes was key to winning this game. Tobi and Fermin did a fantastic job and really limited him. Yet with all our pressure on him, Holmes still got a double double last night. It says something about the talent of Holmes when getting a double double is considered not a good game for him.

Elvis/Brea/Cheeks/Bennett shot a combined 6 of 25...2 of 12 from 3

Dayton bench 6 points 5 rebounds
VCU bench 23 points 12 rebounds 4 steals

Also, shout out to our boys for committing only 8 turnovers...I see you, fellas!!

postscript...VCU is undefeated since Sean Bairstow shaved that mustache probably

Locking down on Holmes was key to winning this game. Tobi and Fermin did a fantastic job and really limited him. Yet with all our pressure on him, Holmes still got a double double last night. It says something about the talent of Holmes when getting a double double is considered not a good game for him.
I agree to a certain extent, but I definitely lean more towards Tobi than Fermin. And lets be honest, those 7 missed free throws by Holmes can't be overlooked.

How about JNel! All you naysayers out there can purchase a ticket and get on board. All it cost is an apology on this board ;)

woooohoooo! VCU… Go Rams, GO!!!!
lol...settle down! After missing that wide open, uncontested three in the St. Bona game, at best lets consider us even now.

For those watching on TV I missed the Joe Lunardi segment....anything of note regarding our Rams in that?

I expected Lunardi to dismiss us as an at-large but he didn't. He noted that the committee takes into account results from games with players missing differently and that we certainly look the part now. Certainly have a very difficult road ahead of us, but the fact that he did not immediately dismiss the chances of an at-large was surprising and encouraging.

And the win last night certainly raised our profile, and not just because we beat a top 20 team. Having the Friday night solo spot on the schedule is HUGE. Everyone in CBB was watching. The national media figures (Rothstein etc) were commenting on the game in real time. The Stu looked like the Stu is SUPPOSED to look for a big game. The fans were LOUD as h3ll.

All of that focuses national attention on the squad and reminds people on the periphery of the A10 but at the center of CBB that VCU is still VCU. Cannot buy that kind of exposure.

Bernie has to do whatever she needs to do to ensure the conference keeps this Friday night spotlight game on ESPN. No one else is playing. All eyes on the A10. Superb exposure last night.

GF-9fm3WgAA2km-

Did anyone talk about that fiddler playing the national anthem? That was certainly something. There was also a Barstool sports guy at the game. Mintzy is his name I think. In the shooting contest he made the lay up, free throw, 3 pointer but missed the half court shots.

Liked Tobi’s new hair style….reminded me of the rebound king, Justin Tillman. On post game radio show, Rodney commented there is a reason a windshield is bigger than a rear view mirror…place your focus on what’s ahead not what’s behind. Great win! Go Rams! Tackle one game at a time….

Back