The Official Beat the South Florida Bulls in Tampa in the NIT Thread

Glad to see the A10 teams in the dance beat their opponents. The A10 pretty much got slapped around in the NIT, going 1-3 in the first round games.

Really? Well crap. I'll have to start looking quick. I wonder if they are holding them back. Does USF really draw that well?
This year they do. Last year you could have walked up at tipoff and bought tickets.

Watching the games today reminds me of how difficult it is to win in this tournament.

Then I think about this:
USC
Georgetown
Purdue
Florida State
Kansas

What an unbelievable run! One power school after another knocked off, and pundits railed about us even being in the tournament.
I know UCLA made a similar run, but I don’t know that there will ever be another one like that!

Really? Well crap. I'll have to start looking quick. I wonder if they are holding them back. Does USF really draw that well?
That's surprising. Their average attendance this season was about 50% of the Sun Dome's capacity (10,500).

Watching the games today reminds me of how difficult it is to win in this tournament.

Then I think about this:
USC
Georgetown
Purdue
Florida State
Kansas

What an unbelievable run! One power school after another knocked off, and pundits railed about us even being in the tournament.
I know UCLA made a similar run, but I don’t know that there will ever be another one like that!
I will go to my grave believing if we played either Kentucky or UConn instead of Butler, we're playing for a national championship. Facing a fellow mid-major was a psychological let down after that run of big boys.

NCAA nightmare: two mid-majors playing for the national championship.

Back