The Official Beat the South Florida Bulls in Tampa in the NIT Thread

I hadn't seen a seeding list for the "unseeded" teams. So, now that it's established ... let's ask ourselves WHY South Florida is seeded three spots higher than VCU when their season-end NET ranking is seven spots higher. I don't get it. At maximum there should be one spot between them in the NIT, and logically VCU should be seeded higher. South Florida has a Q1 win to their name this past season, but they only played one Q1 game! They played TWELVE Q4 games!
When has seeding in college basketball (dance and NIT) ever been fair and equitable? It's mostly set up to give the power teams the easiest path to the finals (barring upsets).

I’ll care about this when it’s NCAA wins.
Everyone has their own measuring stick for success, but in my opinion, a win is a win is a win. The NCAA's would have been nice, but NOBODY could have even suggested that was a possibility back in Nov. or even into early January for that matter. This team exceeded any expectations I had.

When Shaka won the CBI title, it was a friggin blast to listen to. This sets these kids up for next season, and having some post season tournament experience NIT or otherwise. I'll take it, and have fun enjoying their success. It's extending my social drinking into Sunday night... a rarity.

Last edited:
I was in the stadium last year for the Vikings comeback against the Colts, had been down 33-0 at halftime. Glad we didn't leave.
I forgot about that one. My youngest son is a Colts fan but doesn't have a whole lot of faith in them since Payton left.

Everyonehas their own measuring stick for success, but in my opinion, a win is a win is a win. The NCAA's would have been nice, but NOBODY could have even suggested that was a possibility back in Nov. or even into early January for that matter. This team exceeded any expectations I had.

When Shaka won the CBI title, it was a friggin blast to listen to. This sets these kids up for next season, and having some post season tournament experience NIT or otherwise. I'll take it, and have fun enjoying their success. It's extending my social drinking into Sunday night... a rarity.
Like I said before, the November expectations (at least for me) aren't etched in stone. Once a path cleared for us to sneak into the dance, I expected us to take advantage of it. Having said that, I cool with where we are currently in RO's first season.

Are we looking for a sell out for this game? Who gets credit for it, USF or VCU being a draw? I'm guessing since they drew huge crowds for their last three games, USF has become kinda hot.

Ok . . .here it goes. First of all I'm predicting a JMU victory today . . . i.e. the Dukes over the Dukies. *How Wisconsin garnered a 5 seed in the Dance is perplexing but I'm not up on the rationale behind it. Secondly , and most importantly , I feel we will bull ourselves to a hard fought win despite the South Fla. fanbase coming down on us like a swarm of locusts. Probably not a good analogy but that's all I have for now. ~6 hrs. to tipoff which allows me to relax , have a couple of Foster's , possibly a stout , and enjoy. I'm gonna try my best to watch it through but just may retreat to the computer. Too stressful , unless we're comfortably ahead , to watch on TV. Hope everyone is having a great weekend to this point. GO RAMS!!

Ok . . .here it goes. First of all I'm predicting a JMU victory today . . . i.e. the Dukes over the Dukies. *How Wisconsin garnered a 5 seed in the Dance is perplexing but I'm not up on the rationale behind it. Secondly , and most importantly , I feel we will bull ourselves to a hard fought win despite the South Fla. fanbase coming down on us like a swarm of locusts. Probably not a good analogy but that's all I have for now. ~6 hrs. to tipoff which allows me to relax , have a couple of Foster's , possibly a stout , and enjoy. I'm gonna try my best to watch it through but just may retreat to the computer. Too stressful , unless we're comfortably ahead , to watch on TV. Hope everyone is having a great weekend to this point. GO RAMS!!
Definitely hope you're on point with your predictions. I normally wouldn't care about JMU, but I'm definitely rooting against Duke.

Back