The Official Beat the South Florida Bulls in Tampa in the NIT Thread

The Rams, which led for almost all of the second half after a back-and-forth opening period, advanced to their first NIT quarterfinal since 1988.
"This could be an eight-nine (seed) game in the NCAA tournament," said VCU coach Ryan Odom in his postgame interview with VCU radio play-by-play analyst Robby Robinson.
"Tremendous crowd in here tonight, they were really loud, especially at the end there when they tightened things up significantly, and all of a sudden we had to answer.
"All in all, it was a great college basketball game."
Sophomore forwards Christian Fermin and Tobi Lawal made key plays down the stretch to help the Rams fend off the Bulls. They finished with 10 points apiece and combined to grab nine rebounds and shoot seven-of-nine from the field.

Sounded great for USF fans on the TV broadcast and their pep band didn't sound half bad. Careful @VRam going home. I'm so happy we got the win in Florida, And Florida guys represented! @BradRamFan did you get to go?
A former Peppa did lead them for a few years while he was down there working on his graduate degree. I haven't actually talked to him about his time there, but I'd assume he left them in good hands moving in the right direction after he came back to Virginia...

Not sure if you've noticed, our bigs aren't very big and two of them aren't very good. :D
Yeah, I was at the game tonight. There were maybe 35 VCU Rams at the game. Burgess family were there.

However, I am posting to all those who doubted Fermin. Give him his flowers as well. Dude played well tonight.

He and Tobi will have their work cut out against UTAH next time out.

I take it back. Fermin was great tonight.
What's the old saying about a blind squirrel?

I hope this is some sort of breakout for him but I'm not betting the farm on it. Not this season. Fermin has had good games in the past this year. He has also given us six zero point games.

Let's hope he has turned the corner. We'll need a good effort against Utah's size.

They look too happy for losing.
I would frame it as them being happy just to have the opportunity to play such a nationally recognized program like the VCU Rams and they're honored to be able to get us in their home arena. The game result was secondary to them. ;)

Also Pryor looks like he's happy 24/7 (not gonna really say what he looks like...Pete Davidson on a bad night?). Florida can do that for you.

Last edited:
Back