The Portal Process THIS YEAR

HARRISONBURG, Va. – After guiding James Madison to its best men's basketball record in program history with 32 wins and advancing to the Second Round of the NCAA Championship, Mark Byington has departed as head coach to accept the same position at Vanderbilt, according to Director of Athletics Jeff Bourne.

JMU, Sunbelt Player of the Year, Terrence Edwards, Jr, 6’6” shooting guard/forward, who averaged 17.2 points per game is entering the transfer portal. Would have 1 yr of eligibility/covid yr.

Last edited:
HARRISONBURG, Va. – After guiding James Madison to its best men's basketball record in program history with 32 wins and advancing to the Second Round of the NCAA Championship, Mark Byington has departed as head coach to accept the same position at Vanderbilt, according to Director of Athletics Jeff Bourne.

JMU, Sunbelt Player of the Year, Terrence Edwards, Jr, 6’6” shooting guard/forward, who averaged 17.2 points per game is entering the transfer portal. Would have 1 yr of eligibility/covid yr.
Can I get anyone to take a wager on where Edward’s plays next year

Can I get anyone to take a wager on where Edward’s plays next year
That’s a tough one. Common sense says Vandy, but after the year he had, I’d aim a little higher than that. The suitors will be there.

Does anyone have a copy of Odom's contract (or past coaches) specifically the language for a buyout/future games arrangement? I'm curious how this is written so they avoid complications down the road.

It's like the wild wild west. Everyone does anything with out consequences. Schism?

Back