The Portal Process THIS YEAR

I trust Coach O until we lose him!

Please STOP IT with the "until we lose him" BS!!! He's only been here one year and all some posters seem to want to talk about is when he is leaving. It's been going on all season from some posters. Some of you act like you have never been through a coaching change!!! :roll: :roll::roll:

Last edited:
Please STOP IT with the "until we lose him" BS!!! He's only been here one year and all some posters seem to want to talk about is when he is leaving. It's been going on all season from some posters. Some of you act like you have never been through a coaching change!!! :roll: :roll::roll:
I think it's a defense mechanism. We all HOPE that he stays here 10-12 years and has a very successful run taking VCU to the next level, but we also need to be realistic and remind ourselves that we probably only have this guy for 2-4 years before he leaves.

That is the reality. We've never had a coach more than 9 years in the entire 60 year history of our program.

I think it's a defense mechanism. We all HOPE that he stays here 10-12 years and has a very successful run taking VCU to the next level, but we also need to be realistic and remind ourselves that we probably only have this guy for 2-4 years before he leaves.

I understand what you are saying, and I have been going through VCU coaching changes since Chuck Noe. But, come on!!! Let's wait a couple years before we start writing him off to the next job! Posters have been talking about Coach Odom's tenure at VCU since the season started, and it's his first season!

How about we actually support Coach Odom 100% until we sense he may be leaving for another position (whenever that may be), vs. speculating in the first year when/where he's going next. It's just not a good look for fans/posters to be speculating how long Coach Odom will be at VCU, and where he might end up, when the guy hasn't even been at VCU for a full 365 days!

I could be wrong, and I'm happy to be corrected, but once you graduate, the only way to keep playing as a graduate after four seasons is to transfer, isn't it?
No. As long as you enroll in grad school and have eligibility, you're good to go.

But there are certain schools -- Ivys, Davidson, that don't have graduate programs, so those guys have to transfer if they want to continue playing.

I forget the name of the place but Jamie Skeen would have made some coin from the Wing place that used to be by the Lombardy Kroger.

Back