Recruiting Transfer Portal

JMU makes money on their football program and they also have a lot of boosters because of it bringing in NIL monies. The P5 programs bring in tons of money from their programs and boosters will support their NIL for both basketball and football. Even for the likes of Kansas who spent 4 million.
That $4mil for Kansas is a fraction of the money being thrown around at p5 (i guess really p2?) programs for football. Very glad we aren't in the football world while all this is going on

That $4mil for Kansas is a fraction of the money being thrown around at p5 (i guess really p2?) programs for football. Very glad we aren't in the football world while all this is going on
might as well add food to the all is lost fire....LOL

The fact of the matter however is no matter how much money they spend, they still only get 13 players................although it might be a different 13 every year 8-)

might as well add food to the all is lost fire....LOL

The fact of the matter however is no matter how much money they spend, they still only get 13 players................although it might be a different 13 every year 8-)

It’s just stupid. This isn’t what NIL was suppose to be about. Might as well be European soccer with the Sheiks that pump oil money into clubs.

~scholarships available?
~players left on the team?
~ MB transfers next?
~Minutes until the next VCU portal announcement?
8 players that are "currently" still listed on next years Roster (counting Jennings an incoming recruit) that are not currently in the transfer portal or out of eligibility.

We had 13 players (12 not counting Connor a walk on)....
Kuany & Sean are out of eligibility (subtract 2..... 10 remain)
Wheeler, Lawal, and now Shulga currently are in the portal (subtract 3.... 7 remain)
Jennings- Incoming recruit (add 1.... 8 total)

Now sure... any of those 3 in the portal "could" come back theoretically.... but the chances are probably slim.

So as of now... we currently have 8 guys on our roster going into next season. 7 returning players & Jennings, the incoming recruit.

Everyone around is falling off a cliff because of Shulga and Lawal.

I'm licking my chops. There is a ton of affordable front court, wing and backcourt talent in the portal right now at this second.

If our staff takes pragmatic approach, we can significantly upgrade this roster and still save money for next year's portal.

I'm licking my chops. There is a ton of affordable front court, wing and backcourt talent in the portal right now at this second.

If our staff takes pragmatic approach, we can significantly upgrade this roster and still save money for next year's portal.
You're the GM. Make it happen.

"Affordable" talent..... Roosevelt Wheeler was "affordable" last off season, and while he's a nice dude..... how did that work out for us on the court?

Jason Nelson was "affordable" last off season... a good number of people want to Upgrade/Move On from him this off season.

What makes you think any of this "affordable talent" in the portal are as good or better than what we have / had in Max, Tobi, & Jason?

And what makes you think any of those "affordable talent" are truly considering us? When, if they are that good... they probably got other schools reaching out to them that are more attractive in some way shape or form.

You're the GM. Make it happen.
So generally (and in this specific instance), DL is crazy, but this would be an interesting path for schools with "second tier" amounts of money to spend - basically tank for a year with no distribution, then double up the year after. Of course this assumes a LOT of buy-in from the AD and fans, plus a very particular kind of coach you'd trust to pull it off... The Process: NCAA Edition?

So generally (and in this specific instance), DL is crazy, but this would be an interesting path for schools with "second tier" amounts of money to spend - basically tank for a year with no distribution, then double up the year after. Of course this assumes a LOT of buy-in from the AD and fans, plus a very particular kind of coach you'd trust to pull it off... The Process: NCAA Edition?
Perhaps, but the big boys will always have more

"Affordable" talent..... Roosevelt Wheeler was "affordable" last off season, and while he's a nice dude..... how did that work out for us on the court?

Jason Nelson was "affordable" last off season... a good number of people want to Upgrade/Move On from him this off season.

What makes you think any of this "affordable talent" in the portal are as good or better than what we have / had in Max, Tobi, & Jason?

And what makes you think any of those "affordable talent" are truly considering us? When, if they are that good... they probably got other schools reaching out to them that are more attractive in some way shape or form.
Here's one guy the staff just started assessing since last week .

Back