Recruiting Transfer Portal

Very interesting big man entering the portal:

In addition to his stats, he had double digit point totals in all but 9 games he played in this season and put up 20 against UR in Virginia Tech's obliteration of the Spiders.

My understanding is that the Transfer Portal will be used somewhat differently this year. Previously most kids that entered the portal transferred. Apparently this year a lot of players will enter the portal for the sole purpose of leveraging their current school for more NIL. Bid the price up. More kids also have agents now working the system. I have noticed more kids who entered the portal saying it does not necessarily mean they won't return. Pretty much total free-agency right now. It is what it is.

Just another variable in the equation coaches will have to deal with. Coaches will have to try to ascertain if a prospect in the portal is there to legitimately move on or is he there to bid up his NIL but remain where he is. You certainly don't want to spend a lot of time and resources on prospects that are not inclined to actually transfer.

It would be really cool to land someone like Brickus. We know he can play at the A-10 level. I wonder if he would trade a little bit of his individual statistics for more team success? He could maintain current averages while improving efficiency surrounded by higher quality teammates.

Per WHSV tv, Harrisonburg, VA, they broadcasted this evening that the JMU men’s head basketball coach was leaving to accept the head coach position at Vanderbilt and that the Sunbelt Conference player of the year, 6’6” shooting guard, Terrence Edwards, Jr, (17.2 ppg) was entering the transfer portal.

Last edited:
Per WHSV tv, Harrisonburg, VA, they broadcasted this evening today that the JMU men’s head basketball coach was leaving to accept the head coach position at Vanderbilt and that the Sunbelt Conference player of the year, 6’6” shooting guard, Terrence Edwards, Jr, (17.2 ppg) was entering the transfer portal.
Edwards kind of has the same caveat as Huffman from Davidson: he's a SG/combo guard who can score but doesn't really have range. He's a 34% 3-point shooter who does get streaky every so often but his shot isn't consistent.

Back