Recruiting Transfer Portal

Do you know for certain Tech couldn’t afford him? Or is this something you made up to fit your narrative?
VT could very easily afford Tyler especially with their mass exodus. I don't know where it stands now but when we recruited Tyler when he left UNC his steady girl friend Zoli Khalil was a freshman on VCU Womens Basketball team. She was one of the top prep players in Virginia before signing with VCU. Again, I don't know where that relationship is now but this could be interesting. I have no doubt Tyler would be All A-10 before exhausting his eligibility. If I'm correct he would have 2-years. Terrific shooter and scorer.

VT could very easily afford Tyler especially with their mass exodus. I don't know where it stands now but when we recruited Tyler when he left UNC his steady girl friend Zoli Khalil was a freshman on VCU Womens Basketball team. She was one of the top prep players in Virginia before signing with VCU. Again, I don't know where that relationship is now but this could be interesting. I have no doubt Tyler would be All A-10 before exhausting his eligibility. If I'm correct he would have 2-years. Terrific shooter and scorer.

He came to several VCU home games this year, Sat right near me & Zoli's family at the game on the sidelines across from the bench.

And are still very much together as recent as the 2nd or 3rd to last home game? Don't remember the last game he was at this year.

I also know Zoli & several of the other WBB players went up to C-Ville to watch Tyler play when Tech played up there.

So its definitely something worth keeping an eye on.

Little more info with respect to Tyler. He is the all-time leading scorer in Virginia High school League BB history with 2,909 points. Averaged 35ppg, 11boards, and 5 assists his Senior year. 1st team all-state 4-times, POY and a consensus top 100 4* recruit. NBA range on his jumper but also big enough to post-up. If memory serves me correct he scored 54 points in a game as a prep.

Do you know for certain Tech couldn’t afford him? Or is this something you made up to fit your narnarrative?
I'm looking the overall transfer portal patterns from last few years and VCU recent history with regard to incoming power 5 transfers.

With exception of maybr Kuany Kuany, every transfer we've gotten recently has been a former top 150 bench warmer or little used P5 guy looking for more playing time.

Levi Stockard
Zeb Jackson
Brandon John's Jr
Joe Bamisile

You might make a case for Marcus Tshonis falling in the Kuany Kuany category.

The girl friend/family member factor may or may not be a significant enough factor to bring him in.

Julian and Angel Reese were close brother/sister combo at Maryland. Maryland is a perrenial women's basketball power under Brenda Friesze. They have plenty of bread to keep her in the fold.

She still left for even bigger bag at LSU despite her closeness to her brother Julian.

I would like to be wrong about Tyler.

My gut tells me the his last season warrants a better deal at Power 5 school and he'll take it either way.

I'm looking the overall transfer portal patterns from last few years and VCU recent history with regard to incoming power 5 transfers.

With exception of maybr Kuany Kuany, every transfer we've gotten recently has been a former top 150 bench warmer or little used P5 guy looking for more playing time.

Levi Stockard
Zeb Jackson
Brandon John's Jr
Joe Bamisile

The girl friend/family member factor may or may not be a significant enough factor to bring him in.

Julian and Angel Reese were close brother/sister combo at Maryland. Maryland is a perrenial women's basketball power under Brenda Friesze. They have plenty of bread to keep her in the fold.

She still left for even bigger bag at LSU despite her closeness to her brother Julian.

My gut tells me the his last season warrants a better deal at Power 5 school and he'll take it either way.

You said a lot without answering the question.

I'm sure this has already been posted but I think this kid is a real possibility.

We can compete money wise with everyone on this list except maybe standord.

You said a lot without answering the question.
I did answer it. My "narrative" didn't come out of thin air. It came out what I've observed from our recent transfer profile history and the recent transfer trends over the last few years..

You can polish it off and call BS ..but I wasn't wrong about Bamisille and I sure as H$ll wasn't wrong about Rose

I did answer it. My "narrative" didn't come out of thin air. It came out what I've observed from our recent transfer profile history and the recent transfer trends over the last few years..

You can polish it off and call BS ..but I wasn't wrong about Bamisille and I sure as H$ll wasn't wrong about Rose

You said Tech couldn’t afford him. I asked if that was a guess and you ignored the question.

Back to actual news and information.

Levi Stockard
Zeb Jackson
Brandon John's Jr
Joe Bamisile

DL- Tyler has 2 years of eligibility remaining I believe.

Which is awkward. Are players just gonna simply start entering the portal to threaten like contract negotiations in the pro leagues? Basically their version of sitting out? Some think this is awesome but honestly it’s just wrecking the sport. At what point are players considered employees?
Heck. I wouldn’t be surprised to see kid’s sitting out, if not for them being able to essentially walk at any time as long as they can do it in a way that doesn’t mess up their transcript.

I can see it now, so and so is not showing up for summer workouts or going with the team to Greece until he gets it in writing that he’s going to get a $20k spot in the next menswear promotion.

Back