Recruiting Transfer Portal

Want to chime in with a quick “buckle up”. Not so sure we are done with portal kombat hitting our roster.

Ones have been saying just poach stars from teams below us. Here is an example of why that theory isn’t so easy. They aren’t looking for hopping from mid major to a higher mid major.

Welp.... no idea how good this guy is.... but GMU making a move already

Considering that Loyola Chicago and now George Mason are getting what look to be decent players out of the portal in the current environment - and Loyola could be a major problem next season - I think we need to stop complaining about how broken the system is and just deal with it. We'll have a team.

Considering that Loyola Chicago and now George Mason are getting what look to be decent players out of the portal in the current environment - and Loyola could be a major problem next season - I think we need to stop complaining about how broken the system is and just deal with it. We'll have a team.

Will, I 100% agree. We can feel sorry for ourselves or we can take advantage of the fact that VCU can pay NIL directly and go whoop some ass.

Will, I 100% agree. We can feel sorry for ourselves or we can take advantage of the fact that VCU can pay NIL directly and go whoop some ass.
I’m just curious are we holding out for certain players? We have seen other programs making moves. Maybe we’re waiting until the portal closes completely?

We're definitely considering Juco's.

Here's newest add from Theus list yesterday.

6'11 235 Ebenezer Ogoh

15 mpg, 8 ppg., 7 rpg, 2.3 bpg, 63% fga, 61% fta

Seem to have good hands. Very physical around the basket. Doesn't take alot of time to gather himself on slam dunks

Btw, his current stop...Harcum College has produced Big East Bigs in the past.

I’m just curious are we holding out for certain players? We have seen other programs making moves. Maybe we’re waiting until the portal closes completely?
I don't think we are holding out for a certain player per se . RO was clear that there is a type of player that fits his coaching style and the staff is well aware of that type. Other than to satisfy the fan and media thirst, there is nothing to be gained by rushing to announce a commitment. The portal still has just over a week before it closes for undergraduates. so far just over 1700 D1 players have entered the portal and more will go in the next few days. Right now over 75% of the players in the portal have not made a decision. D2 has almost 1000 players in the portal and 0% of them haven't committed. Point is, there are plenty good players out there and fans and media are going to be impatient

We're definitely considering Juco's.

Here's newest add from Theus list yesterday.

6'11 235 Ebenezer Ogoh

15 mpg, 8 ppg., 7 rpg, 2.3 bpg, 63% fga, 61% fta

Seem to have good hands. Very physical around the basket. Doesn't take alot of time to gather himself on slam dunks

Btw, his current stop...Harcum College has produced Big East Bigs in the past.

Be crazy not to consider Juco, especially in this climate. VCU has multiple good players on past rosters that were Juco

Averaged 11.8 points, 8.2 rebounds, 2.3 assists as a freshman. Not a great 3-point shooter though.

Idk about all that, there is only like 2600 players in the portal right now.

Idk about all that, there is only like 2600 players in the portal right now.
The system is broken that’s a fact. Some A10 schools getting some decent players P5 really aren’t going after bad doesn’t change that fact. The fact also though is nothing is changing right now so we other find a way to survive or we die. We can still vent about how bs it is but that’s just reality. Same as the reality that fans will start to lose interest if nothing changes.

Back