Recruiting Trey Green: Closed

duncanlamb

Elite Member
A thread is long overdue.

He may very well be the best prospect we are recruiting.

23 VCU target pg Trey Green is at Pangos All-American Camp this week. This is a big deal, only the consensus top 60 players in the country get invited to this. They are invited to work with NBA and pro scouts for.evaluation

Just remember, VCU is one of his final 7.

Programs recruiting him the hardest: “Virginia, Virginia Tech, Cincinnati, Xavier, Clemson, VCU, pretty much my top seven.”

VCU: “I love how they’re recruiting me, they’ve been on me heavy from the jump. I feel like if I show that love back it would be greatly appreciated.”

JD byers is the lead recruiting.

Start following at @Treygreen02.

Does anyone here subscribe to on3? If so, does vcu get one of his first 3 visits?

Does anyone here subscribe to on3? If so, does vcu get one of his first 3 visits?

From your post starting this thread- it’s only 4 days old?
I doubt it:)

Visits: “I’m actually going to go to Xavier, Virginia Tech, LSU. LSU is actually in my top seven as well. It’s going to be a mix of junior and senior year visits.

A new youtube series featuring Trey Green is out today. This is going to be a series of episodes. This is episode 1.

Former NC state pg legend and now recruiting scout Tyler Lewis assess Trey Green!

Trey Green… a name that Phenom Hoops have been oh too familiar with throughout the years and another North Carolina prospect that has been showing his full game on the national stage. Before this past high school season, Green was a big-time point guard here at Vance (now JL Chambers) high school and also with Team Charlotte. He then took his talents to Link Academy in hopes of playing on a bigger stage.

Green proved himself again even against higher-level talent, helping Link Academy to a 34-win season. The junior point guard has been playing with MOKAN Elite this summer but recently took a break and went out to Pangos All-American camp, one of the top national events in the country that is loaded with talent.

Watching multiple games for Green from the event, the 5’10 point guard continues to show why just how gritty he is on the court and whoever gets him at the next level, is going to have a clear leader for their future. Every time we watch Green, one of the first things that consistently stands out is his toughness and determination on the floor. Whether he is needed in running and initiating the offense, be more of a scoring threat, stretch the floor with his outside shot, or get his teammates involved, Green can help in a variety of ways. But what some don’t always notice (until you watch him), Green is an absolute difference-maker and determined defender on the court, bringing that scrappy mentality.

At Pangos, Green had a strong showing in averaging 14.3ppg (45 percent shooting) and had two games in which he shot 50 percent from three and hit four 3-pointers in each. You also add that he averaged 3.3 rebounds, 3.7 assists, and only had four turnovers in three games, it goes to show you how reliable he can be on the court.

Green recently announced his final seven schools back in early May, with Cincinnati, Nebraska, Xavier, Clemson, VCU, LSU, and Virginia Tech all making the list. Whoever can secure a commitment from this young man is going to have a terrific piece to work with for the future.

Let's not get it twisted, they are all very good and it's a little dumb to say best for last.

Best visit for last, D!ck.
Lol, would loveeee for you to call me that to my face. Is that how you communicate with people? And btw, your response literally repeated the same thing you said before....you didn't clear anything up, but it's funny how you wrote the same thing in a different way....🤡

Last edited:
Back