Recruiting Ty-Laur Johnson: Open for Business

If he is going to wait until spring/Feb to make a commitment, he may find a lot of his offers have dried up-been filled already. But as always, programs can make room if they really want to

Even though Showtime has stated that he is not announcing until his Birthday on February 11, 2023, the current predictions are that he is headed to NC State.

Then again, They all said the same thing about Davin Cosby, Silas Demary, and at least a couple of other PG's.

Last edited:

It looks like Ty-Laur maybe moving up his timetable. Although he is not announced a final list of schools, he appears to be leaning toward NC state.

You waste a lot of bandwidth on kids that were never going to play for us

Nope. Ty-laur has consistently stated vcu is amongst the teams recruiting him the hardest and that he wasn't deciding until next year.

NC state just jumped into his recruitment in the last 3 weeks. He just announced his new commitment timeline this weekend.

Memphis or NC State. Time to close this thread

"The recruitment of Ty-Laur Johnson
seems to be headed to a close in the near future, as his official visit to NC State seemed to have put the Wolfpack firmly in the driver’s seat. Things may not be as cut and dry as they look on the surface, however, as sources say Memphis is still very much alive in the race to land the New Jersey-based point guard. In fact, the Tigers may have seized the lead."

I flipped my FutureCast pick from NC State to Memphis on Wednesday morning

Memphis or NC State. Time to close this thread

"The recruitment of Ty-Laur Johnson
seems to be headed to a close in the near future, as his official visit to NC State seemed to have put the Wolfpack firmly in the driver’s seat. Things may not be as cut and dry as they look on the surface, however, as sources say Memphis is still very much alive in the race to land the New Jersey-based point guard. In fact, the Tigers may have seized the lead."

I flipped my FutureCast pick from NC State to Memphis on Wednesday morning

LOL.....really, it's now the time to close it? :lol:

Did he get recruited over or did he found his stock went up and is looking for a better deal.

Do you suppose anyone has ever called him TyLaurasaurus?

Back