News VCU Athletic Village

iF BASEBALL CAN WIN 2 BTB SHIPS, they don't need a spiffy new stadium, unless the school is gonna make money sharing it with the Squirrels.

Same for tennis...what do you need millions in upgrades for if you're already that good?

Here's my vote for a better use of the money ....... https://news.vcu.edu/article/2021/1...ide-emergency-food-assistance-to-vcu-students
Going by your logic....basketball doesn't need the BDC then. They had FSG. That's good enough right?

vcuabc2.png

Going by your logic....basketball doesn't need the BDC then. They had FSG. That's good enough right?

IDK I bet we can get 50 people on here saying it was better and they miss it.

Have we been to the final four since we stopped using it?

This is a huge improvement for VCU and Richmond. What Richmond has done with Scotts Addition and the area just east of Blvd is remarkable. I have to give Ed credit for this.
I believe Richmond is the largest city country without an indoor/outdoor tennis facility. I’m not sure if that’s the exact description, but something along those lines was passed along to me from the athletic department.

Ed gets lots of flack on here but his impact on sports facilities is exceptional. It just is.

The article short-changes the effort involved in pulling this together. Ed has been working on this a lot longer than 3 years. It took a lot of "courting" to acquire several of these properties as well as some creative approaches. Ed was the glue throughout those several years. And for those wondering about the use of funds for a tennis facility, two thoughts: 1) the indoor/outdoor tennis facility will be used by more than our tennis team. This will be a facility that attracts events with interest up and down the east coast, and 2) fund raising for the tennis facility will be the easiest to achieve. The tennis crowd is generous when they see the impact on the region, get to see some events in person, and help promote the region for other uses. On the other hand, fund raising for a fieldhouse, offices, and practice fields will be the big challenge.

Back