VCU baseball....

B

BracketForecast

To heck with procedural rules about OT and what not, this place NEEDS some positive vibes.

Winners of nine straight, our beloved VCU are shredding the A10 and are two games away from heading to the NCAA tournament. With a win over Rhody today, the Rams would need to lose twice in the championship to be eliminated.

I'll say this, if we win and get sent anywhere in the OklaArkLaTex region, I'm going. Anyone else want to join?

GO RAMS!!!!

To heck with procedural rules about OT and what not, this place NEEDS some positive vibes.

Winners of nine straight, our beloved VCU are shredding the A10 and are two games away from heading to the NCAA tournament. With a win over Rhody today, the Rams would need to lose twice in the championship to be eliminated.

I'll say this, if we win and get sent anywhere in the OklaArkLaTex region, I'm going. Anyone else want to join?

GO RAMS!!!!
No we will end up somewhere like Oregon.

lol this thread was moved within two minutes. Never mind that the hoops board has been shredded by negativity lately, it's IMPERATIVE that we remain technically sound with our forum rules on the basketball board on Memorial Day weekend.

Shame on me for trying to bring a bit of positivity to the place where the most clicks are generated.

lol this thread was moved within two minutes. Never mind that the hoops board has been shredded by negativity lately, it's IMPERATIVE that we remain technically sound with our forum rules on the basketball board on Memorial Day weekend.

Shame on me for trying to bring a bit of positivity to the place where the most clicks are generated.
What is so bad about a baseball thread being in the VCU Sports forum and not the VCU Basketball forum?

What is so bad about a baseball thread being in the VCU Sports forum and not the VCU Basketball forum?

I was annoyed because I felt like more discussion would be generated by having it on the main boards. But then I realized I'm whining over something stupid. This thread goes to the dumpster in 3, 2, 1.....

I was annoyed because I felt like more discussion would be generated by having it on the main boards. But then I realized I'm whining over something stupid. This thread goes to the dumpster in 3, 2, 1.....
Yes, most people would see it that way, but the other forums will never have more eyes on them if everything just gets posted in the basketball forum any way. Plus in the VCU Sports forum it won't get bumped from the main page as quickly. The team has been on an incredible run for several weeks now.

most of them could care less about any other VCU sports.
In fact they are talking about moving to another conference based solely on VCU Men's Basketball
I think VCU fans are grateful to all of the athletes for the time, dedication and sacrifice given for all of us to enjoy each and every sport sponsored by VCU. As an alumni, I couldn't be more proud to have graduated from such an elite university. Go Rams!

I think VCU fans are grateful to all of the athletes for the time, dedication and sacrifice given for all of us to enjoy each and every sport sponsored by VCU. As an alumni, I couldn't be more proud to have graduated from such an elite university. Go Rams!

If VCU bball wasn't on the level it is or even the level it was on when Grant was coach.... A lot of people wouldn't give a crap about VCU sports. I'm sure there's a fair # of people on these boards that have never been to any other VCU sporting event that is not MBB. Whether they'll admit it or not... Who knows.

Also if it weren't for MBB... The majority of people wouldn't donate to the RAF.... But since that's pretty much the only way u can get season tickets.... That's what people have to do

Last edited:
The seeming lack of support for the non-basketball sports on these boards is nothing short of pathetic.

The seeming lack of support for the non-basketball sports on these boards is nothing short of pathetic.
It's no different than what exists at almost every school in the country. Football and basketball rule. In certain pockets of the country there are smaller groups of fans for baseball and hockey.

If VCU bball wasn't on the level it is or even the level it was on when Grant was coach.... A lot of people wouldn't give a crap about VCU sports. I'm sure there's a fair # of people on these boards that have never been to any other VCU sporting event that is not MBB. Whether they'll admit it or not... Who knows.

Also if it weren't for MBB... The majority of people wouldn't donate to the RAF.... But since that's pretty much the only way u can get season tickets.... That's what people have to do
Teams with success have a lot of fans that donate, attend games, and watch them on TV. Teams that don't win have very few that do those things. VCU is no different than anyone else when it comes to how fans act.

It's no different than what exists at almost every school in the country. Football and basketball rule. In certain pockets of the country there are smaller groups of fans for baseball and hockey.

Bull. So you're telling me that at the UNC equivalent of these forums there would be one pitiful 4 year old thread documenting UNC kicking ass in the college world series? Of course not.

Bull. So you're telling me that at the UNC equivalent of these forums there would be one pitiful 4 year old thread documenting UNC kicking ass in the college world series? Of course not.
UNC's board has over 10,000 members.

And if VCU goes to the College World Series 4-5 straight years and to the final game 2 years in a row, I have a feeling our baseball thread will blow up too.

Back