VCU baseball....

UNC's board has over 10,000 members.

Exactly. And I bet the NC State forums and even the ECU forums are the same. And I bet they talk all kinds of sports, not just tar heel basketball. Because they are UNC fans, not just UNC basketball fans. I wish VCU fans were more geared towards pulling for VCU than towards pulling for VCU basketball and the former the Shaka cult of personality. That's what I was saying.

Exactly. And I bet the NC State forums and even the ECU forums are the same. And I bet they talk all kinds of sports, not just tar heel basketball. Because they are UNC fans, not just UNC basketball fans. I wish VCU fans were more geared towards pulling for VCU than towards pulling for VCU basketball and the former the Shaka cult of personality. That's what I was saying.
UNC just has a lot more fans in general and their messages boards are over 20 years old. There are plenty that care only about basketball.

UNC just has a lot more fans in general and their messages boards are over 20 years old. There are plenty that care only about basketball.

You're right. UNC is a bad comparison. But what about a school like ECU? They have an extensive and very active baseball board and a very active OT board as well. I wish VCU fans had that that's all I'm saying.

Get over it.

ECU has a fairly successful history in college baseball, with several super regionals.

VCU has never been. Minnesota is the SOLE D1 institution in the state and has no following outside of football, basketball and hockey. Once VCU has some success, the fans will follow.

UNC's board has over 10,000 members.

And if VCU goes to the College World Series 4-5 straight years and to the final game 2 years in a row, I have a feeling our baseball thread will blow up too.
Absolutely. just look at the uptick in responses in the baseball board in the last week

That's my other board.

There's 1 thread with 131 posts from 9 months ago.

Another thread with 64 posts from a year + back.

Then the softball thread with 200 replies from 6 months ago.

VCU has a 1,300 post thread on baseball from 3 years ago. You just seem pretty self righteous about it.

Yeah I guess you're right, it must really blow to be a Minnesota fan.

The seeming lack of support for the non-basketball sports on these boards is nothing short of pathetic.
I just went back and looked. Before Saturday, you've had exactly one post about a sport other than basketball since you started posting here. About 95% of your posts have been on the Men's Basketball board.

There's nothing wrong with that, but you probably shouldn't call what others do on this board pathetic when your posting history is exactly the same.

As I said, this is pretty typical for most posters on most college sports message boards.

I just went back and looked. Before Saturday, you've had exactly one post about a sport other than basketball since you started posting here. About 95% of your posts have been on the Men's Basketball board.

There's nothing wrong with that, but you probably shouldn't call what others do on this board pathetic when your posting history is exactly the same.

As I said, this is pretty typical for most posters on most college sports message boards.

Wow. Thanks for taking an interest in my posting history.

I wish we had more active forums for non-basketball sports. That is what I have been saying this whole time. That is what I still say. Evidently you disagree.

Also, I should mention and I feel bad for not saying this yesterday- it IS very cool that we have a WBB board.

CGat9RoWsAE5YHZ.jpg

Wow. Thanks for taking an interest in my posting history.

I wish we had more active forums for non-basketball sports. That is what I have been saying this whole time. That is what I still say. Evidently you disagree.

Also, I should mention and I feel bad for not saying this yesterday- it IS very cool that we have a WBB board.
All I'm saying is that it's probably not the best idea to call out our fan base when you do the exact same thing. And it only took me 3-4 minutes to scroll through your posting history and see that you pretty much only most on the men's basketball board.

I don't disagree that we should have forums for our other sports (we already do) or that it would be nice if more people followed them (myself included). I just don't see the point in calling the fan base out. It's pretty typical fan behavior for most schools. People only have so many hours in their day to devote to this stuff and will naturally spend most of their limited time on the sports that interest them the most.

Back