VCU Media Mentions

I just want to remind everyone that this is a VCU media mentions post. Please don't post sly, unneccessary comments about Shaka Smart in my thread. There's others you can do that in. Trying to keep this as on topic as possible.

Thanks.

Debbie Downer... ;)

This is MAYBE a VCU Media Mention, not sure where else to post it. Next month we celebrate Week of the Nurse which is a MAJOR EVENT at VCU Medical Center. There's a new category of events this year, Selfies Photo Contests. One of the 3 categories is "VCU SPIRIT, show your love for the Black & Gold". I will gather every VCU tshirt I have & haul my bin of fan gear in to work to win that contest with my coworkers!

I just want to remind everyone that this is a VCU media mentions post. Please don't post sly, unneccessary comments about Shaka Smart in my thread. There's others you can do that in. Trying to keep this as on topic as possible.

Thanks.

Thanks Kenny Williams! We needed that.

http://vcu.247sports.com/Bolt/Shaka-Smarts-players-loved-the-freedom-fun-of-VCUs-system-36769104

This'll give you a giggle OR piss you off or both

“With most coaches, you might do something wrong and get pulled out of the game,” Ed Nixon said. “Coach Smart will let you play though. You can play without looking over your shoulder.”

That’s a change of philosophy from former Texas head coach Rick Barnes, who would often pull young players from the game on a moment’s notice as a teaching point.

Aaaaaaaaaa, our old friend revisionist history....we missed you 'round these parts.

Yea, during the Theus/Nixon years depth was an issue and so Shart kind of HAD to let guys play through stuff, plus it was a veteran laden team. Last year, year before??? Not so much...and comments from the players themselves back it up. Was it hubris?? The "look" of the media friendly "teachable moment??"

cult of friggin' personality indeed and I HATE myself for falling hook line and sinker into it...that's what pisses ME off the most. Not Shart leaving and how he left, it's that I became this sycophantic rube who was so easily gulled into The Process and parroted the party line.
ugh...I'm tryin' to move on, but it PULLS me back in!!!!

M'F'er

cult of friggin' personality indeed and I HATE myself for falling hook line and sinker into it...that's what pisses ME off the most. Not Shart leaving and how he left, it's that I became this sycophantic rube who was so easily gulled into The Process and parroted the party line.

Yeah, that's what made me so angry with myself within the first day or so. You are not alone, my friend.

Shes put many hours into scouring Twitter and posting comments for us almost every game for 2 years, why dont you guys show some fudgeing respect and lose the condescending internet hipster tough-guy attitude.

Jesus, Im 30 years old feeling like a Grandpa scolding some teenagers about respecting their elders.

http://vcu.247sports.com/Bolt/Shaka-Smarts-players-loved-the-freedom-fun-of-VCUs-system-36769104

This'll give you a giggle OR piss you off or both

ugh...

M'F'er
Same with me... Its been said a million times but its very similar to the feeling of being cheated on in a relationship. Like everything you were ever told was really just a silver tongued manipulation. I dont hold any hard feelings tho... I get it. I dont like it, but I get it. Just wish he didn't burn the bridges and the crops when he left.

I'm aware of the thread creator.

That doesn't mean ownership.
tumblr_mnsvkqrAdn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Back