VCU Media Mentions

I appreciate your contributions to the board. But it's not your thread.
Guess who created the thread?

tumblr_m6jlz5MPDB1ra8iu2o2_500.gif

Guess who made a lot of contributions to the thread (along with a handful of other lovely posters who enjoy staying on topic)?

So yes, while I may not "own" the thread I ask in return for me and the great posters of Ram Nation contributing positive, relevant content in here that you all in return respect my wishes to keep this topic on task and use the other 3593942 threads to diss a coach because you're a Bitter Betty, elsewhere. I'm not going to have this turn into the Shaka Smart show 5.0 when this thread is meant to be about VCU.

I'm not going to get into the whole thread ownership thing, but

1. I am about done with the Shaka-bashing. Even though it seemed natural and well-deserved in the immediate aftermath of his departure, it really is time to move on. I'd love to see us consolidate the bitterness in some other thread. There are a number of options.

2. Nonetheless, the "run from happiness" post was v clever.

Guess who created the thread?

Guess who made a lot of contributions to the thread (along with a handful of other lovely posters who enjoy staying on topic)?

So yes, while I may not "own" the thread I ask in return for me and the great posters of Ram Nation contributing positive, relevant content in here that you all in return respect my wishes to keep this topic on task and use the other 3593942 threads to diss a coach because you're a Bitter Betty, elsewhere. I'm not going to have this turn into the Shaka Smart show 5.0 when this thread is meant to be about VCU.

I'm correct, and there is nothing you can do or say to change it.

http://vcu.247sports.com/Bolt/Shaka-Smarts-players-loved-the-freedom-fun-of-VCUs-system-36769104

This'll give you a giggle OR piss you off or both

Aaaaaaaaaa, our old friend revisionist history....we missed you 'round these parts.

Yea, during the Theus/Nixon years depth was an issue and so Shart kind of HAD to let guys play through stuff, plus it was a veteran laden team. Last year, year before??? Not so much...and comments from the players themselves back it up. Was it hubris?? The "look" of the media friendly "teachable moment??"

cult of friggin' personality indeed and I HATE myself for falling hook line and sinker into it...that's what pisses ME off the most. Not Shart leaving and how he left, it's that I became this sycophantic rube who was so easily gulled into The Process and parroted the party line.
ugh...I'm tryin' to move on, but it PULLS me back in!!!!

M'F'er

Yeah, I got a laugh out of those comments myself. The 2010-2011 teams were coached much differently than the more recent ones, which leads me to believe our new coach, and others now gone, had much more to do with our success on the court in those years than many believe. I hope I'm right and am looking forward to what I think WW and his team will bring to the table. Good luck in tx ss, you're gonna need it.

The 2010-2011 teams were coached much differently than the more recent ones, which leads me to believe our new coach, and others now gone, had much more to do with our success on the court in those years than many believe.
I have stated this many times. Blessing in disguise

Back