VCU Media Mentions

Salt-tooth-People-with-high-blood-pressure-tend-to-prefer-salty-foods_medium_vga.jpg

This place right now...

Texas coach Shaka Smart called recent copyright tussle with VCU "comical." #rams #rva http://t.co/ZoVbcvz1Vo http://t.co/9XDkmrl9gW
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwm5zgm3nmzinzqxowi4nzuzogzizdmwyjexodvmn2my-e1430853941430.jpeg

(Tad Gordan asked)
Is that his new secretary? Nice!!!

This incredibly nice looking girl is the voice of the UT network. She does the news and shows on the UT Network. Also of note, found buried in Shaka's new contract, is the fact that he gets $3 every time he has his picture taken showing the hookem horns. It adds up!

Salt-tooth-People-with-high-blood-pressure-tend-to-prefer-salty-foods_medium_vga.jpg

This place right now...
It is absolutely ridiculous. Practically every post has turned into "Lets make every little thing Shaka Smart does deeper than it is and state how much we dislike the guy." If Shaka got a $1 for every time he's been mentioned on this board since he left, we could cover his salary twice over. This board is like half Texas/half VCU at this point.

Words cannot describe just how infuriating this photo is to me, especially given what he's said lately regarding the whole havoc trademark tussle. I'm losing respect for Smart with each passing day.
Yeah, I actually started losing respect for him earlier - after Bri's knee injury to be exact. When we started losing he just seemed to blame the players, based on post-game quotes in the RTD. I don't remember his exact quotes but the general theme involved too much selfish play, guys not following the all-important process, etc, etc. It just seemed that he was done with the team, fed up, they had disappointed him by losing and so it had to be their fault - or something like that (it's late and I can't remember exactly how it made me feel at the time - but I just seemed to get this weird vibe from what I saw, heard, & read). But then, he outdid himself with the "I'm leaving Richmond and never going back" ordeal. I know that there aren't any really "good" ways for a coach to leave one program for another, but the man who worked so hard to foster a positive, caring, fatherly image sure didn't try very hard to find one. There was a lot about that whole thing that didn't sit well, but I'm a VCU fan - so it's all "sour grapes" and "I'm just jealous". Bottom line, that whole image of his got tarnished pretty good around these parts, for what it's worth - and then he doesn't even have the decency to see his kids graduate??? Because he has to throw a pitch out at a girls softball game????

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? (I hope he at least called the guys).

This is what I'm left with: Shaka was obviously good for us. We should be - and are - grateful. But, for as much as he claimed to love this place, he sure did a lot of damage by leaving when he did, and how he did.

Last edited:
Words cannot describe just how infuriating this photo is to me, especially given what he's said lately regarding the whole havoc trademark tussle. I'm losing respect for Smart with each passing day.

Smart's heart was not here but the results were still pretty good.

Yeah, I actually started losing respect for him earlier - after Bri's knee injury to be exact. When we started losing he just seemed to blame the players, based on post-game quotes in the RTD. I don't remember his exact quotes but the general theme involved too much selfish play, guys not following the all-important process, etc, etc. It just seemed that he was done with the team, fed up, they had disappointed him by losing and so it had to be their fault - or something like that (it's late and I can't remember exactly how it made me feel at the time - but I just seemed to get this weird vibe from what I saw, heard, & read). But then, he outdid himself with the "I'm leaving Richmond and never going back" ordeal. I know that there aren't any really "good" ways for a coach to leave one program for another, but the man who worked so hard to foster a positive, caring, fatherly image sure didn't try very hard to find one. There was a lot about that whole thing that didn't sit well, but I'm a VCU fan - so it's all "sour grapes" and "I'm just jealous". Bottom line, that whole image of his got tarnished pretty good around these parts, for what it's worth - and then he doesn't even have the decency to see his kids graduate??? Because he has to throw a pitch out at a girls softball game????

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? (I hope he at least called the guys).

This is what I'm left with: Shaka was obviously good for us. We should be - and are - grateful. But, for as much as he claimed to love this place, he sure did a lot of damage by leaving when he did, and how he did.
Every single line in your post is a quote or factiod taken completely out of context, you know that right?

Back