VCU Media Mentions

Tell me this crap is not serious, it's some spoof isn't it? If not thee are some classless people hyping this game.
I think a UD fan made it. I saw it retweeted by the Blackburn Report which is a UD Blog.

Crackers vs. Catholics, that's pretty funny--I didn't know they had it in them
We're all crackers to those living north of the Mason-Dixon Line. It's OK, we can call them cat lickers. Unfortunately if you live down here and are a practicing Roman Catholic then you are a cracker and a cat licker.

Last edited:
And yet we beat out Illinois this year for a prized recruit. And a few years ago we beat out UConn, UNC, and South Carolina for big time recruits. I think it means more for the fans then it does for the potential players and coaches who look at our facilities, history, and fan support.
Agreed. I have a lot of friends who are college basketball fans and are well aware that I am a VCU fan, and I discuss this with them all the time. Some agree, some disagree. Ironically the ones who disagree are Ohio State, UNC, and UVA fans... Just think these casual P5 fans think less of VCU as a program. Blows their minds every time I tell them the statistic on teams in the past 6-7 seasons with 24+ wins and a tournament appearance.

Agreed. I have a lot of friends who are college basketball fans and are well aware that I am a VCU fan, and I discuss this with them all the time. Some agree, some disagree. Ironically the ones who disagree are Ohio State, UNC, and UVA fans... Just think these casual P5 fans think less of VCU as a program. Blows their minds every time I tell them the statistic on teams in the past 6-7 seasons with 24+ wins and a tournament appearance.

Don't forget the consecutive senior classes with 100 or more career wins to their names!

He is saying that Rhody was able to neutralize VCU's normal game which resulted in trying to go smaller. They did not hit 3s. He is saying they will go back to their bread and butter which is pounding the glass.

Good to hear.

Rams remain undefeated in conference and overall at 8-0 as they defeat a very tough @DaytonManagers team 59-57 @ManagerGames_

C5zkTi1XEAEo5iB.jpg

From ESPN'S Bubble Watch (updated yesterday morning):

Atlantic 10 Conference
Teams that should be in: Dayton, VCU
Work left to do: Rhode Island

VCU [23-6 (13-3), RPI: 23, SOS: 71] If Dayton appears more likely to spend the next two weeks chasing the Marylands and South Carolinas of the world for a No. 7 seed, VCU looks more likely to be on the defensive, alongside, say, Northwestern, hoping not to slide further back toward the bubble. Then again, a win at Dayton on Wednesday would give the Rams a regular-season sweep of the ostensibly (if slightly) higher-seeded Flyers and would change this proposed trajectory considerably. We'll see.

AMERICAN CONFERENCE LOOKING TO UPGRADE HOOPS
According to several sources throughout the league, the American Athletic Conference is looking for a way to upgrade its rankings in basketball with an expansion blueprint focused primarily on Wichita State, but also including other higher profile basketball schools such as Dayton and Virginia Commonwealth.

AMERICAN CONFERENCE LOOKING TO UPGRADE HOOPS
According to several sources throughout the league, the American Athletic Conference is looking for a way to upgrade its rankings in basketball with an expansion blueprint focused primarily on Wichita State, but also including other higher profile basketball schools such as Dayton and Virginia Commonwealth.

Interesting. The AAC has schools with more name recognition and will give VCU more cred among the casual sports fan and adding WSU will add more to the hoops side of the conference. The move would definitely be a boast from a marketing standpoint. But, assuming Dayton stays in the A10, I am n0t sure that the AAC is an upgrade from the A10 from a basketball perspective.

Back