VCU Media Mentions

Move on to what?... We don't play again till Saturday...this a basketball centric VCU sports message boards. Why does anybody have an issue with hashing out the previous two games. You have a more pressing topic....post away. I am sure if we went 2-0 everybody would be enjoying the game discussion.
The way I see it, the most pressing issue on these boards are these godforsaken caterwaulers.
1575407705478.jpeg

Maybe I'm misremembering or misunderstanding what you mean but I thought Turner curled AROUND MSS and into the corner, and then instead of following him, ME turned around and ran into a pick, forcing MSS to cover?

When you said "inside MSS" did you mean in between MSS and the basket?

What could have ME done differently? Follow him? Make a decision quicker? Just wondering, I don't know Xs and Os
Yes Turner cut between MSS and the basket which cut ME off totally while their big man stepped in to screen ME. At that point there was not much anyone could do except switch which MSS did but was a fraction late. If ME had tried to stay with Turner he would have run into MSS, that was the beauty of the play. At least that is my memory.

Yes Turner cut between MSS and the basket which cut ME off totally while their big man stepped in to screen ME. At that point there was not much anyone could do except switch which MSS did but was a fraction late. If ME had tried to stay with Turner he would have run into MSS, that was the beauty of the play. At least that is my memory.
Thanks, appreciate it

Give credit where credit is due, a great play drawn up by a coach that knows a thing or two about basketball.
But on the other hand, with 1.6 to go, the only place they had to go was the corner 3 from where they were taking the ball out.

Give credit where credit is due, a great play drawn up by a coach that knows a thing or two about basketball.
But on the other hand, with 1.6 to go, the only place they had to go was the corner 3 from where they were taking the ball out.

May have been close but makes no difference where the clock is.

So the screen could have easily been a non-factor if both IV and ME made the same decision(switch or stay). IV played not to switch it appears and ME appears to hesitate like he was expecting a switch. (absolute personal opinion we should have done what we normally do and switch everything). Play in question starts about 1:59:30

Hindsight be what it may you would hope they would forced a pass toward half court.

Last edited:
I was at both Emerald Coast games. We did not get the job done. We are gonna have to rely on ME! Can he get us to the final four? Magic 8 ball says...Shake again. He has to be the ticket and after we win against FODU again...the stars will align up!!

CBS Sports has us back at #25

Anybody notice that CBS has Purdue #24, , Florida St. #17 and Tennessee #18?

every other team from the Emerald Coast Classic!

according to CBS sports we lost to 2 ranked opponents by a basket apiece!

....and some folks insinuate we are losing to "mid tier" P5 opponents...

Anybody notice that CBS has Purdue #24, , Florida St. #17 and Tennessee #18?

every other team from the Emerald Coast Classic!

according to CBS sports we lost to 2 ranked opponents by a basket apiece!

....and some folks insinuate we are losing to "mid tier" P5 opponents...

No - P5 opponents that VCU should have beaten.

Reactions: SWV
Back