Recruiting VCU Recruiting

I bet his vertical is off the charts
He's like a spirit, a vapor, moving about the court at lightning speed, you think you see him one place and then he's gone to another leaving you with severe fractures in your ankles while he gracefully drops the ball in the basket for another VCU basket.

He's like a spirit, a vapor, moving about the court at lightning speed, you think you see him one place and then he's gone to another leaving you with severe fractures in your ankles while he gracefully drops the ball in the basket for another VCU basket.
surely wears Air Jordans

Michael Brown, Greg McCray and Derek Thompkins are all former VCU Rams from Hopewell, the "Smokestack Capital of the World."

Also, did you know Chuck Noe coached at Hopewell High before getting the job at VMI?

VCU has even played a game - sort of - at Hopewell High gym ... it was a preseason, intra-squad match that coincided, by design, with Michael Brown's mother's birthday ...

These might be the first old VCU facts you said that I did know. Thompkins grew up in City point near my mom and her family. I have heard lots of stories of him since he was about the same age as her and her brothers and used to come over a lot. My grandpa says to this day that Thompkins started playing basketball in his back yard and that's why Thompkins was good. They also say it was the funniest thing seeing this big 6'2" guy riding around in the same 20" bike in high school that he had in elementary school.

Back