VCU @SLU #2 in-game

haha did anyone else hear their fans chanting "safety school" in the background. If only they knew.....(it was my safety school)

I will say that SLU has a really great crowd.....not sure about the numbers but they were very loud and they fought to the end.

Nice to see us take it on the road.

What are the DoucheCrew gonna complain about now????

Gonna be a long offseason for those two...maybe they can help Pujol with his resume'

GO RAMS

At least the crowd's sticking around to see us get our trophy.

heckuva win at a tough place. nice to see us close this out with a win.

27-9; not bad at all. Same overall record as ODU. We also finished with a 5-game winning streak, our longest of the year! Isn't the 27 wins the second most in VCU history? Great way to finish the year and take momentum into next season!

eh. Missouri is a safety state and their best city is named after another state

woo! I think this means we all win free pizza, right?

I know it's not a prestigious tournament or anything, but I'm still proud that we we able to string together a run of wins over +.500 competition, and that we were able to close it out on the road, and extra props to Brandon for exorcising those road-game demons in a big way!

Bet Joey's glad he didn't transfer to Rollins. I know I am.

Winning it on the road. Way to go Rams! The future is ours. Let's build upon it.

St. Louis is going to be very good in the years ahead. Good fans, great young team and excellent coach. I listened to Billiken broadcasters--great announcers and classy guys. I''m now a future Billiken fan when they play in the A-10.

PS
I was lukewarm about CBI, but AD and coach knew best what team needed for additional development. Very happy for team, coach and AD.

16 and 6 for Skeen in 36 minutes. Is that the most minutes he's played in a game all season?

Congratulations on your winning the CBI!

Some folks may try to minimize the achievement, but nothing is better for a team's confidence than knowing it can win and advance in a single-elimination tournament.

Last year's CIT win drew little fanfare for us, but was a foundation from which we built a great season.

Enjoy the win and the trophy. Really pleased you guys played this tournament to win it!

Back