Vince Williams - NBA Thread

MattRock

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
VCU’s Vince Williams was selected 47th overall in the 2022 NBA draft Thursday night, going to the Memphis Grizzlies. This is the 2nd consecutive year in which a VCU player was selected in the NBA draft. Vince follows Bones Hyland, who was the 26th overall pick by the Denver Nuggets in 2021.
Williams spent all 4 years at VCU where he averaged 14.1 points, 6 rebounds per game in his senior season. Vince is listed at 6’6″ and 205 pounds, and his size and versatility will give the Grizzlies plenty of options for his utilization.
Vince is the 21st Ram to be selected in the NBA draft, and the 4th since 2009. VCU is beginning to make a mark in the NBA, and Williams’ selection shows VCU recruits that Mike Rhoades and staff know how to get great players into the league.

Continue reading...

Congrats to Vince, the only A10 player drafted this year.

Would love to see better team results given the resources invested in this staff, but have to tip the cap to them on recruiting and player development at the top end.

May this thread go well into the 100s in terms of pages.

We're hecka happy for and proud of you, Vince!

giphy.gif

Congrats to Vince, the only A10 player drafted this year.

Would love to see better team results given the resources invested in this staff, but have to tip the cap to them on recruiting and player development at the top end.
I think they're coming. Feels like a possible inflection point season (hopefully for the good). I actually upped my donation in an attempt to buy low. We shall see.

Back