2022-23 NET rankings and metrics

I knew that the ultimate reality of the NET is that it is unknown and probably unknowable.
I'm not sure if it's that, but I think it's more that coaches want to know how to schedule to maximize efficiency stats and the issue is there isn't a strategy to do so by design. I said this in response to Ford's comments, but he wants to be able to schedule like he didn't OK St where he could play cupcakes and get rewarded for it.

The TVI portion of NET probably could be gamed if they released details of how it functions.

It doesn’t matter what NET does or doesn’t do in reality. If coaches are thinking like Stackhouse here because of the quad system and how NET is used, then it puts us at a disadvantage.

Attachments

• 34CB1E76-89FE-4CE2-9C41-F31E64FF46C8.png
    34CB1E76-89FE-4CE2-9C41-F31E64FF46C8.png
    555 KB · Views: 25
It doesn’t matter what NET does or doesn’t do in reality. If coaches are thinking like Stackhouse here because of the quad system and how NET is used, then it puts us at a disadvantage.
We need to prove them all wrong next year, and win some of our P5 games. Plus Stackhouse is still butthurt because he went ballistic and got ejected from our game.

Yes, being brave enough to schedule and lose to Southern Miss. and Grambling at home wasn't rewarded *shock Pikachu face*. Some people need to learn through failing. Let Vanderbilt schedule an easy OOC next year. Watch them miss both the NCAA and NIT.

We need to prove them all wrong next year, and win some of our P5 games. Plus Stackhouse is still butthurt because he went ballistic and got ejected from our game.
We went 2-1 against the power conferences this season.

I have a job and family and no time to understand the NET. So next year, with the help of the VCURamNation, for next year have a committee based on eye{s} test and subjective/objective measures gathered by everyone that posts here e.g. number of wins the previous year, retention of coaches/key players, postseason results etc. I think we can all start hammering out a preseason top 100 after the NC. And then if you want to splinter off and do other/real statistics that would be fun too. I will post an Official thread soon. I want to make myself clear; we don't think that Ohio State would be ranked high in our index etc. Something to have fun with.

I have a job and family and no time to understand the NET. So next year, with the help of the VCURamNation, for next year have a committee based on eye{s} test and subjective/objective measures gathered by everyone that posts here e.g. number of wins the previous year, retention of coaches/key players, postseason results etc. I think we can all start hammering out a preseason top 100 after the NC. And then if you want to splinter off and do other/real statistics that would be fun too. I will post an Official thread soon. I want to make myself clear; we don't think that Ohio State would be ranked high in our index etc. Something to have fun with.
I think we can all agree that FAU will be appropriately ranked outside the top 100. Who have those bozos even beaten, amirite @rammad90

If we all agree, it will be like all the p5 schools sticking together for their precious NET. 👺

So I was thinking of a 3 letter acronym, and I thought of VCUramnation Power Index which won't work (VPI). So how about we go with the Ramnation Power Index (RPI)? We could have a lot of fun with this I think.

The similarities to the opinion here is striking, OFC the conclusions are different. I'm still lost why folks here think "eye test" would benefit non-power schools.

As to NET you can game the system just like you could with RPI. Now I have a day job, family, and life so I dont have time to break down the numbers but they eye test demonstrates that teams such as FAU.

FAU looks good on paper. Heck they are still playing. However, if you look closely you ask yourself who did they play OOC? Who'd they beat OOC and was their path to the Sweet 16 that tough or did FDU do all the heavy lifting for them. Be clear this isnt the type of run that GMU, Butl;er, VCU, or Loyola Chicago had when they all consistently smashed P5 opponents,

Again, who'd they play just Ole Miss and Florida. They split 1-1 other than that all MM and most low MM. We played Vancy, ASU, Pitt, with a side of Memphis and Temple.

Hat's off to them but they gamed the NET, the got a good seed and a scrappy FDU team helped them out. We weren't so lucky but Mike's scheduling in reality wasnt that bad. Kennesaw was a very good team. Add in the P5 with Temple and Memphis and a projected #1 in Conference Kennesaw Mike and crew did a good job. You have to have a few gimme games in there especially with a new group of guys.
Just bumping since most of you probably think FAU is pretty good at this point. Don't worry, Rammad had you covered on why that's wrong and how this team isn't even at large worthy.

I think FAU IS pretty good at this point, I mean they are a top 25 ranked team after all.

Back