Players 2023-24 Roster Thread

Only 26. Great game, Kenny wasn't gotnna walk away defeated and everybody at the time, knew we weren't
out of it. Met Chris in Niceville during the Emerald Coast Classic a couple of years ago. Nicest guy and a great man. Most all Florida Man are but we do have some exceptions! LOL

Kenny Harris was as physically talented as any VCU point guard in history. The Petersburg High alumnus came to Ramland on the rebound after starting off at UNC. Let's give assistant coach Eddie Webb some credit for that. Eddie worked Kenny hard in high school, pretty much knowing he wouldn't get him. But when Harris decided to leave Chapel Hill, he knew he had open arms waiting for him in Richmond. The only other Petersburg player I can think of coming to VCU was Morris Fultz, Moses Malone's first cousin. There may be others.

Kenny Harris was as physically talented as any VCU point guard in history. The Petersburg High alumnus came to Ramland on the rebound after starting off at UNC. Let's give assistant coach Eddie Webb some credit for that. Eddie worked Kenny hard in high school, pretty much knowing he wouldn't get him. But when Harris decided to leave Chapel Hill, he knew he had open arms waiting for him in Richmond. The only other Petersburg player I can think of coming to VCU was Morris Fultz, Moses Malone's first cousin. There may be others.
I was in a class with him in Hibbs.

15 player roster
T1

Bairstow
Jackson
Shulga
Fermin
Diongue (ok or any other 4 star big as #13)

T2
Nelson
Bamisile
Billups
Lawal
Wheeler

T3
Belle
Patrick
Kuany
Okafor
Odom

Lots of interchangeable parts here and new looks once A10 play begins.

15 player roster
T1

Bairstow
Jackson
Shulga
Fermin
Diongue (ok or any other 4 star big as #13)

T2
Nelson
Bamisile
Billups
Lawal
Wheeler

T3
Belle
Patrick
Kuany
Okafor
Odom

Lots of interchangeable parts here and new looks once A10 play begins.
is this supposed to be tiers based off quality??

Shulga, Bairstow, and Wheeler are starting for sure. If Bamisile doesn't have to sit he is starting for sure as well.

Now if Bamisile doesn't get the waiver the other two spots are up for grabs. Zeb is being touted as a starting PG around here, but we will have to see. Good defender, fast and good on the break, but can't buy a bucket outside of 3 ft. A bigger slightly more effective Johnny Williams imo. Can he lead? Can he distribute? Will his shooting improve? Maybe we can use him ala Curry and just let him go to the rim at will.

The other starting spot? Could go big and play Kuany. Could be Fatts if he actually gets a chance to play and show something. Could be Belle is just a superstar NBA talent already just playing in a place we don't know about.

My line up:
Zeb
Shulga
Bam
Bairstow
Wheeler

Nelson
Fats
Belle
Kuany
Fermin

Patrick
Tobi

Shulga, Bairstow, and Wheeler are starting for sure. If Bamisile doesn't have to sit he is starting for sure as well.

Now if Bamisile doesn't get the waiver the other two spots are up for grabs. Zeb is being touted as a starting PG around here, but we will have to see. Good defender, fast and good on the break, but can't buy a bucket outside of 3 ft. A bigger slightly more effective Johnny Williams imo. Can he lead? Can he distribute? Will his shooting improve? Maybe we can use him ala Curry and just let him go to the rim at will.

The other starting spot? Could go big and play Kuany. Could be Fatts if he actually gets a chance to play and show something. Could be Belle is just a superstar NBA talent already just playing in a place we don't know about.

My line up:
Zeb
Shulga
Bam
Bairstow
Wheeler

Nelson
Fats
Belle
Kuany
Fermin

Patrick
Tobi
Patrick has been playing against guys like JeQuan Lewis. He is going to surprise some people that have him out of the rotation.

My line up:
Zeb
Shulga
Bam
Bairstow
Wheeler

Nelson
Fats
Belle
Kuany
Fermin

Patrick
Tobi
I like your line up, but too early to tell. My only tweak would be Kuany for Bam. Either way, that’s a good potential problem to have. If others make a year over year jump, or adjust quickly to NCAA bb, we may have a lot of similar problems for PT. I hope that happens.

Not much of a contest, more a silent carnival during the COVID year….I’ll still take Bones vs. the field any day, any time….especially if there is any meaning to the contest.
Especially if you move the line out to 28 feet. Feet almost on the line, he has competition, but from 28, give me bones.

Back