Players 2023-24 Roster Thread

So maybe we’ll get his official commitment announcement today or tomorrow?
Fishing for more info I see. I just got a call from my friend and he said Patrick will be in Richmond in the next 72 hours or earlier. I guess I can ask when he will have a graphic but I was just happy to hear that he is coming soon. You could be correct on the commitment announcement though. I can check but he might not reveal that to me until the day of.

Last edited:
Yeah Nah'shon is Bonesius!

Chris Brower was not a great player for VCU, but he hit the shot to enable the Rams' greatest comeback.

VCU trailed host South Florida by 29 (yes, 29) with 11 minutes left in the second half of a 1993 Metro game, when the Rams started climbing back. It was Brower's three-ball, from way out, at the horn that sent the game into OT. VCU went on to prevail, 95-91, at the stunned Sun Dome on a regional TV broadcast.

In that same game, Kenny Harris had 32 points in the second half (counting OT), likely a Rams' record. The game ranks with the NCAA's all-time most hard-to-believe comebacks.

As for Chris, a 6-3 guard from Florida, he played in 115 games for Sonny Smith, averaging 6.3 points while hitting 175 of 444 triples, 39.4 percent. He was also famous for being able to speak four languages, not counting threeballese.

I am especially proud of The German intel. It went everywhere from here and now it is just common knowledge that he is coming 😂 I have heard it mentioned on podcasts and seen it on Twitter. The people act like they discovered he was coming. Ha! At least I know who reads these forums now.

Oh and the Kuany Kuany intel was a top one too 😀 Thanks to my friend we have been in front of every single signing here on VCURN. Sorry I was fishing the day of the Belle commitment 😳😂

Last edited:
No disrespect to any player on either side of this list, but this is just how I see it.

1. Baldwin - Nelson (Downgrade)
2. Nunn - Bamisile (Upgrade/ up in the air)
3. Kern - Bairstow (Upgrade)
4. Watkins - Belle (Up in the air)
5. Deloach - Wheeler (Downgrade/ up in the air)
6. Johns - Kuany (Downgrade)
7. Shriver - Patrick (Up in the air/ leaning downgrade for year 1)
8. Banks - Shulga (Upgrade)
9. McAllister - TBD
----------------------------
10. Jackson - Jackson
11. Billups - Billups
12. Fermin - Fermin
13. Lawal - Lawal

Upgrades- 3
Downgrades- 3.5
Returning players- all improve
Really hoping Wheeler is a significant upgrade over Deloach.

He had a good season, but he had a habit of disappearing against good competition. Especially OOC.

Memphis: 1 point
St. Mary’s: 1 point
Vanderbilt: 4 points
Pitt: 6 points
Arizona St: 9 points
Temple: 16 points

He’s a loss, but he’s not irreplaceable.
I think he would have been a great option beside Wheeler. Wonder how Odom will surround Wheeler with the new players.

He had a good season, but he had a habit of disappearing against good competition. Especially OOC.

Memphis: 1 point
St. Mary’s: 1 point
Vanderbilt: 4 points
Pitt: 6 points
Arizona St: 9 points
Temple: 16 points

He’s a loss, but he’s not irreplaceable.
Absolutely not irreplaceable, but he will be missed and was getting better and bigger each year. Not worth my time but I am guessing foul trouble was a big factor in those nonproductive games. Wheeler is the taller and bigger body and hopefully a healthy offseason kickstarts and great new start for him. I was glad to see that Fermin was sticking around to work on his game in Richmond this offseason, he needs to step up a notch or two for us.

Chris Brower was not a great player for VCU, but he hit the shot to enable the Rams' greatest comeback.

VCU trailed host South Florida by 29 (yes, 29) with 11 minutes left in the second half of a 1993 Metro game, when the Rams started climbing back. It was Brower's three-ball, from way out, at the horn that sent the game into OT. VCU went on to prevail, 95-91, at the stunned Sun Dome on a regional TV broadcast.

In that same game, Kenny Harris had 32 points in the second half (counting OT), likely a Rams' record. The game ranks with the NCAA's all-time most hard-to-believe comebacks.

As for Chris, a 6-3 guard from Florida, he played in 115 games for Sonny Smith, averaging 6.3 points while hitting 175 of 444 triples, 39.4 percent. He was also famous for being able to speak four languages, not counting threeballese.
I was there. We were only down 26. Their fans were devastated.

Only 26. Great game, Kenny wasn't gotnna walk away defeated and everybody at the time, knew we weren't
out of it. Met Chris in Niceville during the Emerald Coast Classic a couple of years ago. Nicest guy and a great man. Most all Florida Man are but we do have some exceptions! LOL

Back